Utah Rave Update

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
phillippi said:
What does Dirty words have to do with anything???? I have yet to hear from either side that dirty words had anything to do with the rave being broken up.

I was refering to a Music Concert where there would be Dirty Words in the lyrics. Perfect example "Slayer". Nothing in regards to the rave being broken up. There are no dirty words in rave music.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
phillippi said:
What does Dirty words have to do with anything???? I have yet to hear from either side that dirty words had anything to do with the rave being broken up.

Sarcasm. ;)

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
my4thjeep said:
Gee and I thought we had learned not to throw parties without the proper permits, don't use drugs in public, don't drive drunk and don't drink if you are under age.

These problems will never be solved, but at least we can try and hope.

my4thjeep said:
We have become a society that won't take responsibility for our own actions so we sue the government to protect us from ourselves and when our government protects us from ourselves we sue because our rights were violated. If you don’t want trouble follow the law or if you don’t like the law do something to change it and preferably not by frivolous lawsuits that waste tax money that could be used for more productive tasks like better schools, better roads and/or public safety.

But this is what America is about, Suing and Lawsuites.
I personally dont agree with suing for no reason or any reason just to get some money out if the deal.
Example: I am going to sue my neighbor for accidentally running over my big toe and breaking it. I could use a coulpe thousand dollars to conpentsate me for the really traumatic incident that just occured and threw me into a great depression and now I hate my life.

None of my points were made about suing or lawsuites. I could care less.

Bone Down

Herzog said:
I say the promotors can do what ever they want within legal boundary. They are not guilty until proven guilty... remember that saying?

I just find it amazing how "one sided" this story is. I'm not for either side, nor do I care if they were in the right or wrong to host this "rave". People do much worse things out there than hosting "raves". :ugh:

I had a bad run in with police before... of course I was "guilty" in everybodies eyes, but the court system turned around and helped me out and was able to show my side of the story that nobody else could see. Why not wait for that day. :rolleyes: Sometimes the system really does work.

I am not saying anyone is guilty, what I am saying is that it was a simple get together that had some bad element to it that drew concern from the local law enforcement and it was shut down, with (from what I have seen reported) minimal if any injuries.

The Promotor on the other hand is crying foul and making it way to public, now have your day in court and if you come out on top then make it public at the top of your lungs.

We live in Utah and the society here in the general population is influenced greatly by the church, now take into account this is in Utah County to boot, the promotor is going to draw way to much attention from the wrong people and probably do more damage to his cause and hobby than good.

That is all I am saying, and there could be a back lash or spill over effect that could hit other groups such as the 4x4 clubs should we attempt to organize a large gathering say up AF Canyon.

I am not against anyone having a good time (never have been) so long as the results of your good time does not ruin or have an after effect on others ability to have a good time.

Meat_

Banned
I might be off on this but here is how I see the lawsuit.

If the promoter didn't get the required permits they will have to refund the tickets, if they can get a judgment against the County then it's not their fault the rave got broke up and therefore no refunds.

Bone Down

Meat_ said:
I might be off on this but here is how I see the lawsuit.

If the promoter didn't get the required permits they will have to refund the tickets, if they can get a judgment against the County then it's not their fault the rave got broke up and therefore no refunds.

I never even took that into consideration, and if the promotor really took in as many ticket sales as he claims then the promotor stands to loose a great deal of money.

phillippi

Never enough time
Thats the whole problem here. Its not like they were just having some friends together for an evening of dancing, this is a big business with big money. Thats why they are mad.