Utah State Fair

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
Anyone else go this year. Man, what a joke. Took my family and spent $120 in an evening. The kids wanted to go on the rides so I bought tickets at $1 dollar a pop but each ride takes no less than 3-4 tickets.:eek:

I guess the people watching is worth the price of admission. The fair always brings out Utahs finest. And where else can you see a toothless carnie try and get you to pay to play an impossible game for a worthless Taiwan made imitation Tweetie Bird stuffed toy.:rolleyes:

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
Yea the whole fair seems to have gone to crap in my oppinion. My wife has been at the DNR building the past two weekends and tonight so i am just glad its all but over. I mean come on 5.50 for 4 chicken tenders smaller that McD's kinda crazy!

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
:D none, most of our money was spent on those almost unsafe looking rides and a deep fried dinner for 5:eek:

Notice he said MOST. That just means there was a lot of wasted money trying to win one. :D

Although I have to say, I think the most unhappy people at the fair are the one's that do win. Now they have to carry that huge Tasmanian Devil around for the rest of the night knowing there's no way in the world they're going to fit in the family beater with the rest of the family bearly fitting as it is.

Chevycrew

I went to a concert and the tractor pulls, that part of it was good. I didnt like the prices on food and drinks... I spent $20 on 4 glasses of beer.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
We took the kids last weekend. Got discount tickets from Smiths for $6 each, parked for free, and only rode the slide ($4). $16 total. Well worth it. Tyler (almost 3) likes to see the animals. Tonight Tyler and I went to the demolition derby. :busted:

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
We took the kids last weekend. Got discount tickets from Smiths for $6 each, parked for free, and only rode the slide ($4). $16 total. Well worth it. Tyler (almost 3) likes to see the animals. Tonight Tyler and I went to the demolition derby. :busted:

Yeah the kids love the animals and the rides. Makes it worth it to see the kids having fun!

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
I went but I wish I didnt. Its the "White Trash fair" for sure. Toothless wonders, women with tits on their back where their shoulder blades should be, and tits on their lap where their knees should be. Booger eating kids running around without a care in the world eating food left on tables, and abusing the animals. Overpriced food, beer, and entertainment. Parking was a joke. Bathrooms were beyond filthy. The crap people were selling was absolutely terrible. Oh and the theme this year was "Biker dude". Funny thing is I saw at least 5000 bikers in the fair, but only 15 motorcycles in the parking lot. If you weren't wearing something with flames on it, you weren't fitting in HAHHA.

Yeah if you didnt go, then pat yourself on the back. I think calling Comcast customer service would have been ten times more fun.

Last edited:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
i went down yesterday and watched the derby. I enjoy wathing people, and there is no better way to build your self esteem than to watch people at the state fair.

I like the photo and art exhibits, but sometimes I wonder if there is any screening process. A lot of the amateur pictures looked like an 8 year old was just pushing buttons on a disposable camera.

kbjames

Certainly it was a lowest common denominator kind of fair. We stayed away from the rides and the rest of the crap, and didn't do to bad. The Hynotist show was hilarious and he had those poor saps doing some funny stuff. And the Tigers weren't too bad either.

I went and hit the demolition derby on Sat night at Riverton...pretty good stuff with 4 smashingly terrific rounds. In the end a guy in a old Malibu painted pink took home top prize...

Caleb

So, who tried the deep fried PB&J Sandwiches? That's the only reason I wanted to go down there...but didn't. :)

Bart

Yesterday was my first, and last, visit to the fair. The ladies wanted to go so I decided not to be a party pooper and obliged. Interesting to say the least. They bought the deep fried PB7Js and I had a bite. Not bad, but nothing I'd eat. Bought $30 worth of beer, SIL and myself. We were in and out in 2 hours, about 1 hour and 59 minutes too long.

Meat_

Banned
I wanted to go watch some friends in the truck pull on Saturday but that want wasn't strong enough to overcome my lack of desire to be at the fair.

skenderbej

We've gone the last two years because my has entered paintings into the art contest. We have been confused at the judging criteria. We don't expect my wife to win, we're just suprised at the winners that they do pick. I grew up in WA, and I think that the WA State fair is more organized and cleaner than the Utah fair.

That being said, we go on the first night and get in for $2 each, so it is worth it for us.

Here are a couple of pictures of my wife's paintings, and a link to her fiddling on Youtube for anyone who likes bluegrass.

Painting001.jpg
Painting2013.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QGKlZLgz3w
http://www.youtube.com/user/docandthelady