Utah state workers move to four-day weeks

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/08/13/utah.workweek/index.html

Sounds like a good idea until you realize that the DMV will no longer be open on Friday or Saturday. And the Monday - Thursday lines will be longer with people trying to get through on 4 days rather that spready out over 6 days.

Hope you are ok with taking time off work to visit the DMV rather than get there saturday morning.

Caleb

I've always taken time off work to do my DMV visits. The lines are bad enough in the middle of a work day, I can't imagine them on a Saturday :D

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I've never had the privelage of going to a DMV on a Monday or even a friday or Saturday. In most rural areas the DMV is only open tues-thurs anyway.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
They're open longer hours for those 4 days though, aren't they? So in theory you could go more easily outside of your normal work hours than you could before.

I don't really know, I avoid going there if I can.

Caleb

It is a great thing, but my DL still says under 21 on it and my picture is from 10 years ago. I guess I'll have to go in this next time to at least get a new pic.
Mine was the same way until I had to renew two years ago. I think you can only renew it twice without going in, then they make you go in.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
My office is thinking about switching to 4 10 hour shifts and I'm all for it. Having an extra day off each week definately outweigh's having to work 2 extra hours a day. :cool:

Last edited:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
That is one thing I miss about working at CC. I would work 6-7 straight 12's and then have 6-7 days off to go to Moab. I could do that all spring, and save my 25 vacation days for other stuff.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
They're open longer hours for those 4 days though, aren't they? So in theory you could go more easily outside of your normal work hours than you could before.

I don't really know, I avoid going there if I can.

That's what I was thinking, too...

I do everything online anyway :D

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
I work 50 hours a week so 4 days isnt an option, but it would be nice. A lot of us where I work are pulling for 4 days in the office, 1 at home since everything can be accessed through the good ol www. Our biggest hold up is the "Corporate" bosses in Tulsa think that we wouldnt be available for our big petro clients. :rolleyes