Utah's 30 most challenging Obstacles/Trails

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I would like to do something memorable for my 30th birthday. I've had a few ideas, but I'm leaning towards tackling Utah's 30 most challenging rock crawling obstacles in 30 days (month of November).

I need help compiling THE list. I'm going to bypass anything with a very high likelihood of ending the trip early, such as the left side of suicide hill. That said, I have started forming a list of ideas. I don't know a lot of obstacle names outside of the Moab area, so some are just trail names. If you know of obstacle names on trails I listed that would be helpful. I'm also looking for obstacles or trails that I left off, or could be replaced by other, less challenging trails I listed ;)

This is what I have so far:

Northern Utah
1. Wayne's World
2. Eagle's Nest
3. Sidewinder

Delta
4. Hell's Backbone
5. Chainsaw
6. New Helldorado
Comp area
7. Vortex
8. Tower of Doom
9. Course 2

Cedar City
10. Wild West
11. Cat Canyon

St. George
12. Nasty Half
13. Chain Reaction
14. Arrowhead Canyon

Moab
15. Rusty Nail
16. Potato Salad Hill
17. Britney Speer
18. Suicide Hill (right side)
19. Smashing Pumpkins entrance
20. Blackout
21. Coyote Canyon
22. Mickey's Hot tub
Upper Helldorado
23. Gatekeeper
24. Waterfall
Pritchett
25. Rocker Knocker
26. Rock Pile
27. Yellow Hilll
28. Axle Hill
29. Chewy

Last edited:

CrawlerCraig

Sounds like u are going to have a SWEET birthday!!!!! Your list looks pretty fun!!!

3 months before u go u need to call Moab Blm and reserve coyote canyon, it fills up fast especially if u go down over thanksgiving.

You can add Chewy to ur list of obstacles in Pritchett, it claimed 3 victims over Easter on our safari run!!! More than any other obstacle there.

I also know cedar city has more to offer since last time we were there, not to mention the 3 peaks playground. Someone on here should know...

St. George..... The Maze, Sand Thrax,

Next question is who's invited!?!?!?!? :D

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
W. Cedar City........Zuki Killer
Hanging Tree.........Gordies Launch
Dry Canyon............Humpdy dumpty
Richfield.................Motor trail

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Next question is who's invited!?!?!?!? :D

An elite group of whoever I can beg to drag me off the trail when I break :D Hey, you've been in that position before, right? At least I have my own tow rig this time ;) I'll definitely keep you updated.

Any more info on Zuki Killer?

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member

Where is Dry Canyon?

Also - I'm guessing HTT would be snow covered in November?

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Cedar city should be skull canyon. Maybe you can resurrect and old wrecking yard run between cedar and st george

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Where is Dry Canyon?

Also - I'm guessing HTT would be snow covered in November?
Dry Canyon is the canyon we exit into off of HTT
Zuki Killer is canyon north of Wild west and Skull... Its harder than both those trails
Yes HTT and Dry Canyon will be under snow in November.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Is that the name of the new buggy trail? I mapped it with Don Black, but it didn't have a name then.

Its was a new trail about 5 or 6 years ago when some of the Cedar locals took me up there, may not have seen much traffic since then, pretty extreme. Ill have to dig up some pix of us on it. could be the same one your talking about, its buggy only!

Don B

formerly rebarguy
Is that the name of the new buggy trail? I mapped it with Don Black, but it didn't have a name then.

The trail north of Wild West we called Craig's List. Not a buggy only trail, but there are optional obsticals that are more hard core. I drove my FJ40 through which is only good for a 6/10 on the Sand Hollow scale, but like all the trails in that area there are alternates to make the trails more challenging.

Last edited: