UTV trailer options

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
What is everyone running for UTV trailers? I am really wanting a lightweight enclosed trailer but having a hard time stomaching the 5-6K$ for one that will fit the YXZ comfortably. I am using a decent flat bed on loan from my brother right now but I am exploring other options. Show me what you got!

D

Deleted member 12904

I use a 14' tandem axle flat bed or a 16' enclosed depending on where we are going. Tow both with either my wife's or my 1/2 ton truck

Caleb

I've got a 16' flatbed for mine, works great. I've been toying with the idea of selling that and my 10' enclosed and getting an enclosed that will fit my rzr and a small three rail motorcycle trailer for my bike. If you don't plan to add tracks for winter fun you can get away with a 12-14' trailer.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I just replaced my 24' enclosed with a 26' all aluminum. I'm still not convinced the added expense of the all aluminum is worth the cost, but it's as light as you can get. 12 foot is too small, go 14 minimum. The new one is the 8'6" wide model which makes it nice to work in, but a PITA to tow. The best part about going enclosed, I don't have RZR's taking up my garage space.
IMG_1271.JPG
IMG_1273.JPG

Caleb

The best part about going enclosed, I don't have RZR's taking up my garage space.

Good info. This is one of my biggest motivating factors. Right now I've been keeping my rzr at my cabin and it's nice having my third car garage back :D.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Yeah that is what I have been really faced with as well...Storage! Enclosed trailer shopping in earnest commencing in 3....2...1....

I just replaced my 24' enclosed with a 26' all aluminum. I'm still not convinced the added expense of the all aluminum is worth the cost, but it's as light as you can get. 12 foot is too small, go 14 minimum. The new one is the 8'6" wide model which makes it nice to work in, but a PITA to tow. The best part about going enclosed, I don't have RZR's taking up my garage space.
View attachment 109245
View attachment 109246

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
The word light weight and enclosed trailer should not be said in the same sentence. I have two enclosed trailers, a 28' and a 21' V nose. Both custom made by Double R in Idaho. Not cheep made trailers like Haulmark, Pace, etc. I also have a 14' aluma trailer that is prefect for thee quads or one SXS.

Not knowing your situation, but I use the trailer for camping in as well so I insulated, added heaters, battery, propane hook up, awning, windows, etc to my 28'.

I will be selling my 21' trailer soon, I just need to replace the door hinges.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I would love to check out your 21' trailer and the mods you've done to your YXZ. You gonna be around today? Shoot me your info, I've been to your house but it was probably ten years ago so I don't remember where you are at. 801-648-9499

The word light weight and enclosed trailer should not be said in the same sentence. I have two enclosed trailers, a 28' and a 21' V nose. Both custom made by Double R in Idaho. Not cheep made trailers like Haulmark, Pace, etc. I also have a 14' aluma trailer that is prefect for thee quads or one SXS.

Not knowing your situation, but I use the trailer for camping in as well so I insulated, added heaters, battery, propane hook up, awning, windows, etc to my 28'.

I will be selling my 21' trailer soon, I just need to replace the door hinges.