UURRRGG tearing sh$# up

Status
Not open for further replies.

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
Was up AF canyon sat and went up forest lake and saw a few guys just tearing up the hillside part of the lake and it just pissed me off. I talked to them and they basicly told me to F-off its public land. I ran back down to grab my camera from camp to catch them but they were on there way down also and the damage was done. Yea i did a few things in the past but have learned and been schooled these guys didnt even care. The only pic i got was of them coming accross the river and trying to go up the hillside. He was high centered and spinning tires just ripping the crap out of the river and along side of the road. I talked to them agaoin and same thing F-off. It just pisses me off when i see this!!!!! Do any of you by chance know these guys? :mad:

Attachments

• 8-16-08 001.jpg
    8-16-08 001.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 155
  • 8-16-08 002.jpg
    8-16-08 002.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 8-16-08 003.jpg
    8-16-08 003.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 109

lostsamurai

FnZuKiN24/7
lame i have seen that jeep before when i lived in cedar hills, high school kids thats how trails get closed, that also puts a bad name on 4x4 clubs, wich completly reverses the purpose. boneheads!

RuggedH2

Just doing my thing.
I'd like to see another member here give his side of the events before I reach any conclusions.

With that said....... It might be public land......Which means to me, that someone else doesn't have the right to risk losing it for the rest of us. I was just up there last week.

Bart

There is NO EXCUSE for that kind of sh#t. I can't think of a faster way to close down the road to Pittsburg Lake.

Hey xjshorty21, post up here with your lame reasoning. You should sell that XJ to someone that knows how to wheel and respects the sport.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
high school kids thats how trails get closed, /QUOTE]

It's funny how true that is. I ran with the group that did Rattlesnake for the U4wda party a few weeks ago. There was a small group of, lets just say less smart people, making there own new lines up one of the mine tailings. One kid was doing full throttle climbs up a steep face, getting high centered at the top. He even got a little sidways a few times, increasing his chance of a roll over, back to the bottom. That's when I went up to him and suggested it might be a good idea to wear a seatbelt. Had I been the trail leader I think I would have asked him not to participate u4wda events. These are the kind of people that will cost us our trails.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Well if we would all just live by their pledge, then life would be so much easier!:rolleyes:

Lost Boyz Pledge
shapeimage_1.png

xjshorty21

Buckle Up And Shut Up
I was not the guy that told you to f... off i didnt know he said that ... as for me i have only done that trail once and when i was coming up to do the trail a while back i saw another guy going the same way and i did not know that was not apart of the trail. As for my actions i am very sorry. For the member who said f .. off i did not know he said that to you i am very sorry to hear he did. We as Lostboyz try to encourage friendly and family orientated wheelin and accept everyone as well as being environmentally friendly. We are a very young group and as far as some members they have the attitudes of 12 year olds I do take responsibility for the Lostboyz club and any actions they take when we are wheelin. As for myself and wheeling i will brush up on the trails alittle more before we go. i am sorry if any of our members have offended you and your familys.

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I was not the guy that told you to f... off i didnt know he said that ... as for me i have only done that trail once and when i was coming up to do the trail a while back i saw another guy going the same way and i did not know that was not apart of the trail. As for my actions i am very sorry. For the member who said f .. off i did not know he said that to you i am very sorry to hear he did. We as Lostboyz try to encourage friendly and family orientated wheelin and accept everyone as well as being environmentally friendly. We are a very young group and as far as some members they have the attitudes of 12 year olds I do take responsibility for the Lostboyz club and any actions they take when we are wheelin. As for myself and wheeling i will brush up on the trails alittle more before we go. i am sorry if any of our members have offended you and your familys.

There's a bunch of us that have spent YEARS up there that your group could have just undone with a single act (depending on severity). I appreciate your humility and hope you'll keep in mind where the trail 'should' be and stay off the crap that other users have screwed up. We do need to police our own and I'm glad StrangeKowboy said something even though he was told what he was.

Meat_

Banned

That's a good attitude. See if you can spread it to your buddy.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Learn from this thread, and pass on your new found knowledge...NoEcoNaziAmmo

How about a new Pledge.

A pledge of responsible public land use, and kindness towards other land users.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
We've all been on both sides of the fence to some degree or another. While I'm not proud to say it, I'm not afraid to say it either. When I was young and dumb I did things that don't meet the expectations of my current outdoor ethic.

Your actions are one thing, your actions when caught are another. I for one appreciate your apology and truly do hope you will pass it onto your pals and any others you see on the trails.

RWH

Let's Roll For Justice
Not to be a jerk.. But apparently you didn't care enough to read the sign that was put up last NPLD...I know that they can be fairly difficult to see... being RIGHT next to the trail and all....The excuse of not knowing doesn't fly... It's this kind of thing that just fuels the fire. You're now a party to the wrongful imprisonment of those of us who are going to be locked into the cities even after so many efforts to keep trails open.....thanks bro... atleast you've pledged to "always be at the top"
01.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.