V8 powerful

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
I just read the IM laws for Salt Lake County. They are posted on the Salt Lake Valley Health web site. There is a section on engine changes. It is a little ambiguous but it says that having a engine of bigger displacement is concidered tampering. It also says in the same paragraph that the new engine must meet or exceed the standards of the one it replaces. It also appears that before 91 it was much easier to have a swap certified. There is a section on visual inspection also. It says 83 and older cars are not subject to the visual check so if your truck can pass the sniff test you should be OK.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
you know what this is all a bunch of shisnit. Just take the truck to ol ma-pa gas-n-IM repair shop and tell them it's normal. If it passes clean most shops don't want to lift your hood anyways. Even if they do and freak. go to the next guy. Stay aweay from the big guys shops. They want the jack to jack you around. It really isn't that big of a deal. Just make it run clean enough to pass the IM. I would maybee run single exaust if your truck came with it. The computer tells the IM guy that he needs one or two sniffers. If there suddenly needs two then there is a red flag..... You know the rest.
I had a tail wind and a low rider in front of me and I swear the truck rumbled to life with like 25xtra gerbles.....

lowe1974

mbryson's butcher
I swapped a carb 350 out of a 77 chevy into my 82 scrambler and just got it check. Before I did it I was under the understanding that if the vehicle was an 86 or newer a swap was not allowed so I felt safe. When I took it in to Jiffy Lube on North Temple I told them that it had a chevy v8 out of a 77 truck in it. I thought that it would be tested as such but the guy said no big deal as long as it passes the emissions standards for an 82 it is ok. They guy was an older man and just before getting it test I left another place because the young kid didn't pass a guy that had a 69 VW bug because it didn't have a window washer sprayer in it. Take what ever you have to someone that has been doing testing for a long and they will past it. My past just fine.