Value of a good condition 75 bronco

blznnp

A lady i know is asking me about picking up a older bronco. It's priced a hair over $37k. Looks to be in good shape, suspension, wheels, tires, axle work.... I have looked at a few websites and it looks like Broncos of this year in this condition, or close to it, are listed from $26k-$50k. Just wondering what your guys thoughts are on it. It's located in Washington state, and she plans to fly in, but it if she likes it, and then drive it back to Utah. http://www.mainlymusclecars.com/#!ford-bronco-tangerine/c1tjn

sixstringsteve

that's a beauty. Personally, I wouldn't pay that much for it, but I have zero idea of the value of classic cars.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I'll ask the question I always ask: what's the intended use?
If she wants something to go beat up, she can find something cheaper. If she wants a dd and weekend crawler that's comfortable she could get a nice, newer JKUR for that price.
If she wants something to drive around and be awesome, that might be the rig for her... I like EB's. I could never justify that kind of coin for one but then again I'm an XJ guy and we're notoriously cheap.

rholbrook

Definitely sweet...but.... for that money I would want it a little cleaner. Even if you look at something as easy as having the Front shock boots the same color. If I get nit picky, the body panels have a lot of waves in them, where you step into the Bronco is worn down to the sealer or primer underneath the paint. Nobody restores an older vehicle and rhino lines the inside for easy cleanup. They make it right. I know those things can get pretty rusty so maybe it was easier to rhino line it than to make the floor pan welds pretty. There are many things that are not right for what I would consider a $37K Bronco. That being said, you couldn't build one to this point for that kind of money if you were to have it done. If its to be a show queen, its not show quality. Its a 50 footer.

blznnp

It's not intended for a wheeler. She is wanting a fun good looking rig like this. And she has been looking for a older bronco this body style. I'll let her know rholbrook.

Bart

I love the look of that Bronco but the price is too high. I think if it had gone under a frame off rebuild and rotisserie restoration it would demand that price, but no where does it mention that. In fact, quite the opposite. The Rhino lined interior, to me, is a poor excuse to hide rust. The motor is still carbed. Just too many short cuts for that price.

ID Bronco

It takes a lot of work to build them, but for that price I too would want a better spec sheet. I love the color, and it has wow factor from the street, but I wouldn't want things like bedliner in the interior, (very unoriginal) and uncomfortable, (I would want carpet to dampen the heat and insulate, they are very noisy without insulation and carpet). For that price you should be able to get 1977 a/c put in it.

They talk about the body lift as a good thing, i suspect they had to do it to clear the 351 and C4 but I had linkage problems and steering correction needed when I installed mine. ( to fit the automatic)

If she wants a driver this one may not be the best because of the detroit and limited slip, It will not ride smooth (they never do) it has heims on the steering joints which I loved on my wheeling rig but would be careful with on a road rig.

It's pretty, and you know old cars so if she isn't expecting a smooth ride, quiet ride she might like it. I would still swap in (this sounds wrong on this forum) open diffs or a selectable locker for a all road rig.

Bart

Like TRD270 said, the Counts Kustoms EB went for $50k but it was a full frame off restoration with brand new everything. That was basically a new EB.

blznnp

Thanks for the info everyone. Looked at it last night and I told her to pass. Should have been way better for that price. Sounds like they sell a bunch for this price to rich people with no sense of what vehicles are worth. I told her I could find her a better one for cheaper and then do what she wants done to it for a much better price