Vapor lock?

zukinrail

4x4junkies.com
So my 95 4.0 ZJ has been having some major sputtering problems when it is hot outside or when I'm putting some decent strain on it like towing or going up one of the cottonwood canyons or even if i'm sitting in heavy traffic. When it does happen, I have to pull over and shut it off and then after like 10 or 15 minutes of sitting there it will start back up. Someone mentioned that I probably am having vapor lock problems. What do you guys think? What can I do to prevent it from happening? Would be nice to be able to tow and not have to worry about this happening. :D Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

zukinrail

4x4junkies.com
BioNuke1 said:
see if the fuel line is picking up heat from something and check the fuel filter :-\

Fuel filter has been replaced. How do I see if the fuel line is picking up heat? I assume I should just look in the engine compartment to see if it is near hot areas. Sorry, I'm retarded with this type of stuff. Not my area of expertise.

BioNuke1

Jeepsus Chrystler
if it came unattached from somewhere and is near the exhaust amnifold or whatever..... just give it a look over and see if it looks ok

maybe check the fuel pressure when it's running ok and running poorly

Is the check engine light on?

Last edited: