varmit hunting

Machine

Ooooooh....I'm interested too!

I'll take my AR out and plug a few things, hehe...

I've got some other guns too ;)

Anything around here considered a threat to livestock or farms? :D In Texas we could shoot all the bobcats we wanted anytime of the year with no lisence! :cool: Anything around here like that?

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Originally posted by Machine
Ooooooh....I'm interested too!

I'll take my AR out and plug a few things, hehe...

I've got some other guns too ;)

Anything around here considered a threat to livestock or farms? :D In Texas we could shoot all the bobcats we wanted anytime of the year with no lisence! :cool: Anything around here like that?

Jack rabbits in the west desert for sure.

muleskinner

I go all winter long usually. I've used just about every gun out there, from my 300 ULTRA MAG to my .17 hornady. I primarily use a .243 I have decked out just for varmints. It sends a 55 gr. TNT Hollow pt at 4065 FPS:cool: and is accurate out to about 400-500 yards. If you want to go sometime let me know its a blast. I have electronic, and hand calls. (And extra guns if needed-.222, .223, 22-250, .243, and so on;) )

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
i have a .22-250 with a fat target barrel on it, and a huge scope that is too big for the range of the gun(came that way). i am pretty sure that all the moving parts have been upgraded to titanium or whatever the stuff is that everyone upgrades to.:D let's go kill somethin!!!!!!!!!

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
I try to go as much as possable in the winter there's a bounty for coyotes in juab county where i'm from $20 bucks a dog. I usually use my .223 or my .270 or A 8mm mauser or how ever you spell it. I've used my 50 cal. Muzzleloader a couple times to get ready for the deer hunt. It's alot of fun. Me and my friends go spot lighting for rabbits alot also. Tons of fun.

Last edited:

Moon

Originally posted by muleskinner
I go all winter long usually. I've used just about every gun out there, from my 300 ULTRA MAG to my .17 hornady. I primarily use a .243 I have decked out just for varmints. It sends a 55 gr. TNT Hollow pt at 4065 FPS:cool: and is accurate out to about 400-500 yards. If you want to go sometime let me know its a blast. I have electronic, and hand calls. (And extra guns if needed-.222, .223, 22-250, .243, and so on;) )

I have a .243 and I allways thought that the .222 and .223 and the swift were far better varmit guns but I love my .243 I go with ya how much notice do you need to go. saterdays are good and sometimes fridays. lets do it for sure ok

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I'm thinking of a browning BLR 22-250. I am a lefty, that is the reason for a lever action. I had a 7mm mag BLR, and I really liked it, I just never used it.

muleskinner

Originally posted by Jeremy
I have been wanting to get a 22-250 or a 223 for a while now. What do you shoot primarily, Muleskinner? Coyotes?

Yea, mostly Coyotes. (Or anything that moves:D ) There's no better feeling than having a hungry coyote running full speed at you licking his chops! You can shoot them at whatever range you want, but I usually try and hit them a couple hundred yards out. They will come within 10-20 ft if your setup is right:cool: I've had them almost run right over top of me before :eek: Let's plan a trip out whenever your ready. It's funner/better in the winter, but we could go out now if you want.

J

jeff cardall

Originally posted by LiltraxUtah

Jack rabbits in the west desert for sure.
Here found someone that wants to go RABBIT hunting with ya:p

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by James K

A lefty :eek: :p

all animals are right handed so that wont work....better try a different hobby...I just use ruger 10-22 with several 30 rnd clips and a quick-loader.....or a shotgun set up for duck hunting....but you guys like to get down and pick em off...I like to chase em....