Vegas Transplant (maybe)

Sumo

Xykon: Order of the Stick
Hi Guys,

I'm down in Henderson (right next to Las Vegas, NV) at the moment, but I've been out of work for a while and have been exploring job opportunities in Salt Lake City. I've seen quite a bit of video and pics from Little Moab, Rattlesnake, Constrictor, Wayne's World, and others which makes me think there is some decent wheeling to be had near SLC. Here in Las Vegas, the entire valley has been deemed off-limits by the BLM with the exception of a few scenic byways! 45 minutes north is a place called Logandale, where we (believe) are allowed to do our thing.

If you feel like it, please take a look at my club's website listed in my signature. Hardline4x4: the world's smallest 4x4 club, perhaps :-\ If you ever get down to the Vegas area and want to wheel, post on the forum there and they will take you out and look after you well!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Wow, that sucks to hear about the BLM in Vegas! Why would they do that?

What kind of work are you looking for up here? Some members here might be able to help you out.

Welcome!

Sumo

Oh! Wait 'til you hear why the Vegas valley is closed to offroad travel:... dust control!! Yep, the powers that be feel that we are kicking up too much dust. Total BS. Such is life, I suppose.

I just watched your YouTube video on the Rockpile. Very nice! You made it look WAY too easy. :cool:

I'm an electrical engineer, but I'm looking at a couple of companies that work with gas transmission (pipelines). If they don't work out, then I'll be looking for the more standard role of commercial building power distribution design.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
I was down there a couple of weeks ago and kept seing all those no dust billboards all over town:ugh:

FWIW, quality of life is much better in SLC than LSV and ever other city and state I've lived in so far. As for wheeling, nothing comes close to the amount of trails out here;)

HTH -Marcus

Sumo

FWIW, quality of life is much better in SLC than LSV and ever other city and state I've lived in so far. As for wheeling, nothing comes close to the amount of trails out here;)

HTH -Marcus

Glad to hear both of those things! Of course, if SLC didn't have a good amount of trails then the quality of life COULDN'T be that good, could it? :D

Had a good phone interview on Friday, hope to hear back sometime this week. Hopefully, I'll be heading up with my RV towing my daily driver to start work real soon. Need to figure out how to get the wheeler up there ASAP! ;)