Vehicle Build: 1st Gen Tundra

ID Bronco

Your assumption would be correct haha. I have been assigned to labor in Guayaquil Ecuador. Awesome to hear your son is finally coming back to you I'm sure you're excited and proud.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Congratulations on your Mission! It'll be awesome.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Your assumption would be correct haha. I have been assigned to labor in Guayaquil Ecuador. Awesome to hear your son is finally coming back to you I'm sure you're excited and proud.

Awesome! Good luck sir! He's had a great experience in a number of ways. It'll be good to have him home. Give your mom a good hug before you go. I'm surprised how taxing that's been on her for the two years.

Today I drove the truck to Boise Idaho where it will rest for the next 2 years. On the way she rolled over to 200k. It was pretty hard to walk away from it as cliché as that sounds. I will pick up this thread again sometime in the early fall of 2019.

I served a mission in Guayaquil --- a short few decades ago [emoji41]. You will love it there - great people, fabulous country!

Toad

I served a mission in Guayaquil --- a short few decades ago [emoji41]. You will love it there - great people, fabulous country!
We are all a bunch of old farts now!! I was in Philly last week. Meet a kid from Cali were I served. He would have been two at the time I was in the area.

Well, after 2 years the vehicle is still (in essence) as it sat when I left it. A piece of trim got ripped off the side of it last week when my buddy drove it down from Idaho at 100+mph and some underbody parts and parts of the sliders have some very moderate surface rust. It passed safety & emissions this week just in time to throw an evap code. Nothing major, just have to inspect some rubber pieces that could have found problems. It still runs and drives the same and I'm stoked to be back to drive it. It was started weekly and driven briefly on a monthly basis so I'm hoping for no major engine issues after 2 years. 121810

Camelback Toyota wants 120 bucks for that trim piece and I can't find another alternative. I think they only sell the color matched ones but mine were grey/chrome and I painted them so I for sure don't need the color matched ones. Any ideas? Maybe just take them all off and plug the holes?

Put her to work day 1 back

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Welcome back, I can't believe it's been 2 years. I must be getting old and time moves faster or something. That almost looks like a gas cap code.

sixstringsteve

Hey Rockwell, welcome back. I'm glad to see your brother didn't destroy your truck while you were gone. :) While you were gone I bought a Tundra myself and I love it.

I'd try the gas cap first too. I've also had good luck with ebay and car-parts.com Those holes will be tough to fill properly.

Last edited:
Right, first step is new gas cap. It still clicks and visually seems good but could still be bad. Next would be filler neck and after that other more complicated investigation. Hopefully it's just the gas cap.
I'm not very familiar with long term car storage either so I don't really know what to be looking out for in the coming weeks but soon it needs a serpentine belt (been visually worn for quite some time now) and so far that's what I've got. Gonna be interesting.

ID Bronco

Welcome back, how was your Mission?