Vehicle painting?

airmanwilliams

Anyone here do vehicle painting on the side for a resonable price? Dont need anything special. Plan to use rustoleum gloss black like before but this time need some clear coat as well.

D

Deleted member 12904

Have you thought about getting it wrapped? I've been thinking about getting my Disco done. The paint on it is really scratched and faded

This is the way to go on a budget. I rode the stansbury front trail with a kid a couple weeks back that had a F350 4 door longbed done in a two tone for $1300 you cant touch paint for that.

Anyone have recommendations on wrappers of advice of who to stay away from? (Don't know what else to call them) I know Schmidt does a lot of commercial vehicles. I'd be looking for a budget alternative.

rholbrook

I have had Schmitt Sign do some work for me. For the cost of a wrap, you could strip your vehicle down and run it over to Maaco and get one of their better paint jobs and then color sand and buff it yourself for a really nice paint job.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I tried plasti dip a few times. it always ends up looking like crap. Maybe I'm not doing it right. But if you tape something off, don't let it dry before you pull the tape, it'll screw up your line and make it look like crap.

ricsrx

Anyone plasti-dipped their vehicle? It's pretty cheap, supposedly easy to do, and non permanent.

we are experimenting with Plasti-dipp on our fleet, with great success i might add,
yes, do not tape or mask any part, it takes some practise to get it down, we do not use the heat in the paint booth, we use the wagner power sprayer from Home Depot

we are experimenting with Plasti-dipp on our fleet, with great success i might add,
yes, do not tape or mask any part, it takes some practise to get it down, we do not use the heat in the paint booth, we use the wagner power sprayer from Home Depot

Any pics? Also any other advice on making it look good?

larrybenny

larrybenny
I found a guy on ksl named Monte that painted my jeep hood where the clear coat had peeled off. He sanded, repainted, and clear coated the hood for $150.00. Perfect job and 2 day service. Call him at 13852341746. He is on Redwood Rd and about 2700 S. in SLC.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
After owning a Land Cruiser that had parts that were been Plasti-Dipped, I'm not a fan. I wouldn't recommend it, the paint lasted awhile but after a couple years it was flaking and peeling and at that point it was a PITA to remove or recover.

solidfrontaxle

Toyota jihad
Yeah, I think you're supposed to stay on top of a plasti-dip paint job and add additional coats or something before it starts getting too crappy. So definitely more maintenance than other options. I did the center hump of my ratty looking hood on the 80 and it came out not looking so hot, but I didn't do it right. The color didn't look good either, so I'll re-do it and it will be much easier now that I know what not to do.

ricsrx

we put it on the side of a few of our postal delivery trucks, seeing how it holds up to trees and bushes, we just had one in the other day, it cleaned up well and is not pealing, except
where a tree branch hit the top corner,

this is not a cheep process by any means as far as material goes, if you buy it non diluted it will take about 2.5 gal to do a vehicle, then mix it 50/50, be careful that your supplier does not dilute it on you, plus the expense of the sprayer.but its the labor you save on,

there are plenty of Youtube videos to watch for the install,