Vehicle theft Evidence

ut4x4Bronco

BigHunkenBronco
I am new to Utah and I see there is some theft here too. I used to live in Tucson Arizona and I had two vehicles riped off their. I know the mistake I made when my 1977 F-250 was riped off. It had a broken window that I failed to fix. I used to keep it secure by puting inside a fenced yard, then one night I didnt leave it in the back yard and then it was riped off. Now I Have alarms and chains on everyting I own.
DSCF0067.JPG

It might be helpfull to find out what we can do to keep our stuff ( vehicles and trailers) safe

notajeep

Just me
I pad lock the dual case shifters and the tranny shifter togeather. They may still get it away but it will only be at 224:1 and reverse.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
After getting my Suburban ripped off last year, I'm going to have a couple of switches placed in inconspicuous places to control fuel flow and spark. The only thing that will do is make it a little more difficult to just 'drive' away and hopefully they'll move on to another vehicle after just busting mine up a little because they are frustrated. If someone decides they want it more than you, they'll take it and there's lots of ways to do that.

ut4x4Bronco

BigHunkenBronco
I have a 10000 GVWR trailer that sits out in front of my house and I have gone all over to find some protection for it. I finally found a wheel lock on the web that I bought.

I think criminals look for easy targets. My 77 hi-boy had a broken window and thats all it took. Once they opened the hood they discovered a 460 EFI motor and it was history. You need to protect yor stuff somehow.

mbryson said:
After getting my Suburban ripped off last year, I'm going to have a couple of switches placed in inconspicuous places to control fuel flow and spark. The only thing that will do is make it a little more difficult to just 'drive' away and hopefully they'll move on to another vehicle after just busting mine up a little because they are frustrated. If someone decides they want it more than you, they'll take it and there's lots of ways to do that.

Good recommendation on having a few kill switches. I have some on my Scout since the top stays off all summer. Like you said, it doesn't stop the most determined thief, but hopefully it'll deter the lazy ones.

ut4x4Bronco said:
I am new to Utah and I see there is some theft here too. I used to live in Tucson Arizona and I had two vehicles riped off their. I know the mistake I made when my 1977 F-250 was riped off. It had a broken window that I failed to fix. I used to keep it secure by puting inside a fenced yard, then one night I didnt leave it in the back yard and then it was riped off.

Sounds like someone was watching it and just waiting for an opportunity. That sucks.

Bone Down

mbryson said:

If your looking, I came across this some time ago and was really impressed at the simplicity you may like this as well as others.

kill wiring options

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
I know on my 64 Chevelle, I dont leave a battery in it, trigger the flow jets on the carb to stay wide open, leave the rear end on jack stands and deflate the rear tires. Makes for a pain when I want to drive it, but its better than it being stolen.

ZUKEYPR

Badcop said:
I know on my 64 Chevelle, I dont leave a battery in it, trigger the flow jets on the carb to stay wide open, leave the rear end on jack stands and deflate the rear tires. Makes for a pain when I want to drive it, but its better than it being stolen.

I think the best, bar none, that I have seen for a non-airbag equipped vehicle is the grant security system that enables you to remove your steering wheel in a matter of 2 seconds. I've personally have witnessed folks on two different occasions casing it and when they saw that they had a puzzled look on their face and moved on. I just wish I could do it on my new Rubicon.

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
ZUKEYPR said:
I think the best, bar none, that I have seen for a non-airbag equipped vehicle is the grant security system that enables you to remove your steering wheel in a matter of 2 seconds. I've personally have witnessed folks on two different occasions casing it and when they saw that they had a puzzled look on their face and moved on. I just wish I could do it on my new Rubicon.

I agree a hell of a solution, but to modify an un modified original car in a manner like that is really hard to overcome without some serious heartache.

ZUKEYPR

Badcop said:
I agree a hell of a solution, but to modify an un modified original car in a manner like that is really hard to overcome without some serious heartache.
Actually it is quite simple. Steering wheel puller to pull the steering wheel, a grant security hub bolts right up with the same bolt that you removed, then the grant steering wheel goes on with three small bolts. O'ya one or two wire hook up for the horn. It takes about 45 minutes.

Doing it to a rig that has airbags??????????? I don't think that it can be done. Definitely not legally, at least in this state.

Not sure if Zukeypr is talking about the same thing but on my 73 Bronco the steering wheel has a release and the steering wheel comes off in 3 seconds there is a nifty little cap that replaces it and then to back that up there is a fuel/electrical kill switch hidden. No I ain't telling. Plus I chain my wife to the tire at night or if we are in a bad neighborhood. You get by her, the no steering wheel and kill switch you can have it. Warning she has not had her shots.