vehicle value

James K

NO, I'm always like this
I start this because I find it funny how much some people ask for a vehicle. I mean really they act like they have created this rare work that commands this rediculous amount of money.

I am talking what is it worth on the open market.

I don't care what you have invested in it.(I guess you can add that if you want)

I frankly think it is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I guess I will play,

It would probably cost someone 20K to put it together so I guess that means I could get 8-10K, maybe more because it is a scrambler...

doesn't that suck. :-\

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
My Rig does not carry a value because I'm not willing to sell it. Admitting that the value that I see is not the value that you see is half the problem, therefor there is no value. Unless you value your life ;)

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Shawn said:
My Rig does not carry a value because I'm not willing to sell it. Admitting that the value that I see is not the value that you see is half the problem, therefor there is no value. Unless you value your life ;)

I guess I am a little tired but did anyone else have to read this twice to get the meaning?

Deep thought :greg:

the sad part is I have to agree. ;)

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Jinx said:
I guess I am a little tired but did anyone else have to read this twice to get the meaning?

Deep thought :greg:

the sad part is I have to agree. ;)
I'm trying to be like Cody.

;)

Ken

I've invested almost 10+ grand into my xj. With it being a 90 with 175k miles on the engine I would be lucky to get $4000. So I keep the damn thing.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Shawn said:
So.................what are you asking? What we think our rigs are worth?

yes, but not asking anything inparticular(sp).

just with all the rigs for sale locally and over the internet, it just got me to thinking.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
James K said:
yes, but not asking anything inparticular(sp).

just with all the rigs for sale locally and over the internet, it just got me to thinking.
1% of the cars I see for sale are worth what the seller is asking, just look at what you are asking for a D44.... sh!t, I bet you could buy a 60 for that..... :p

tiny2085

HomeGrown
hahahaha, I just got home from going to see a cj-7 that was behind a little hometown tire shop. It has no interior at all, no top and no steering column and no tailgate. I figured I could scoop it up for a couple bills and have a nice project. SO I went and asked the owner if he wanted to get rid of it and he said it was his friends and he was looking to get 2,000!!!! because that was how much he had into it. :rofl: that's all I could do when he said how much.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
tiny2085 said:
he said it was his friends and he was looking to get 2,000!!!! because that was how much he had into it. :rofl: that's all I could do when he said how much.

thats the part I don't understand "well I'm into it x number of dollars"

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
The worth just depends on what you are doing...
If you are selling it's never enough...
If you are buying the guy is smoking dope and will never get that much out of it. :rofl:

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Spork said:
The worth just depends on what you are doing...
If you are selling it's never enough...
If you are buying the guy is smoking dope and will never get that much out of it. :rofl:

I would have to agree with this to a certain degree ;)

OCNORB

Supporting Member
James, I too once had the "I have this much into it" problem. Then my wife said "Yeah, but you've beat more than that out of it." Wise woman.

Guess I should give my rig away!!! Or pay someone to take it. :rofl:

James K

NO, I'm always like this
OCNORB said:
James, I too once had the "I have this much into it" problem. Then my wife said "Yeah, but you've beat more than that out of it." Wise woman.

Guess I should give my rig away!!! Or pay someone to take it. :rofl:

yeah, my wife is why would you get rid of it(not that I'm thinking that)you won't have anything to do :D

I just think this is the one vehicle hobby that you never get the return on your money. I mean lets face it we build them to abuse them and people just don't want abused **** ;)

Caleb

I think its rather funny how people want so much for some of their vehicles...for example, my bro-in-law has a friend who is going to be selling his wrangler (mid 90's) claims to have $50K into and wants $25K for it. I just simply told my BIL that he will never sell it, my BIL's response was "its got air-lockers though"...my response "in the stock axles" :rofl:...it's really amusing what some people ask for their stuff, then they claim "never abused" :rofl:

I always use this same analogy with my other BILs that are into collecting basketball cards (and playing PS2 :rofl: ) and they claims this card is worth such and such...my response is, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay. Adding crap onto our rigs may make them more appealing, making them easier to sell but in no way does it make them more valuable.

IMO, the most resonably priced vehicles right now are the comp rigs...anyone that buys one of the many for sale right now will likely get a steal.

I think the value of my buggy once its officially running is around $10K right now, like I said above, some of these comp rigs have atlas' and aftermarket axles and they are asking just a little more than that...I think when there's not as many for sale and during the summer the value will deffinitely go up...