Vernal UROC????

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Anybody have more details or are we just supposed to know where to go, cuz that's where Ranch is and we all follow him around like sheep?

{and yes, I do live out here, and yes, I should be in my house then, and I hope to have the garage wired for 220 by then if someone needs it :D :D}

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
No more info. Just follow all the smoke from the 100s of rollovers. :rolleyes: They didn't tell the competitors or post on the web site where tech was for St. George, so I doubt they will for Vernal. Of course, it's Vernal, there's only one road, so it can't be hard to find... :D

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
The previous area was outside of town, on the North-East side. Kinda hard to expleain where though... I don't know Vernal too well.

mbryson

Supporting Member
Greg said:
The previous area was outside of town, on the North-East side. Kinda hard to expleain where though... I don't know Vernal too well.

There's so many possible sites out here, that it's insane. The only problem is getting a 'landowner/manager' and finding the closest one to the hotels. 2 or 3 different kinds of rock, also.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Greg said:
I thought I remember it being South of town, closer to Roosevelt than Vernal. Been a while though.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
RockMonkey said:
I thought I remember it being South of town, closer to Roosevelt than Vernal. Been a while though.
As you drive through Vernal, there is a "Y" at the west end of town. Turn south, hold your head out the window, and follow the smell of fecal matter. :D

mbryson

Supporting Member
Hickey said:
As you drive through Vernal, there is a "Y" at the west end of town. Turn south, hold your head out the window, and follow the smell of fecal matter. :D

That could be fossilized dino feces out that way..........

jamesgeologist

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
It's actually the Y at the East end of town. More properly it is the Y in Naples. Then head South on R45 the Bonanza highway it is about 5.5 miles on the right. Lots of fun out there.

All that are interested in Vernal for it's wheeling fun ought to talk to Jim Rock of High Country 4-Wheel Drive Association. He and Brian Teague sp? are good people and treat out of towners well!! Jim can be reached at jimr@easilink.com

I had the pleasure of driving by it almost daily on my way out to the oil patch. I always made time to go play on the obstacles from UROC three years ago. Good times!! :)

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
What is the date on Vernal event? Does Uroc forget to put info like that on their site? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

Nixter

on the road again...
It's April 1-3. They made the announcement it was going to be in Vernal at the St. George event. It's the Pro-National series.

suv

Booty-fab Instructor
I'm not sure the site is set in stone yet. A buddy of mine has some land right across the valley from last year's site, and the UROC guys are considering using it. I'm sure it will be in the same general area, though, so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

demon jeep

Banned
Okay you need to head east in Vernal on Highway 40. You will start to turn south in a part that is light industrial area. Keep going south, you will come to a turn that goes east or forks and goes south. Head south for awhile (out through the country). The town is really Naples. The road will turn east again, at the turn there is a little dirt road going south and that is Devil playground, as we use to call it.

Congrat on the house bryson, I hope its not in Myton :rofl: