Video cameras?

Devel

Just an Outlaw....
so guys ive been thinking about starting a Vlog on youtube, basically about my Job. filming all the crazy wrecks, recoveries and just the random people i meet while on the job.

my question is about cameras, ive been leaning twards the Flip camera but im not sure if it will work for a quick way to mount a camera on my bed while im doing the wreck and quality. what do you guys have and or suggest for small cameras.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
there are plenty of cameras out there that would work for you... all depending on what you really want... there is even a 4 camera dvr that mounts in your truck and records 4 video feeds and one audio feed... and when you get home you can off load the saved event... go to scdlink.com and look around there... but don't buy from them until you talk to me... I have a few companies that I get my cameras from and they give me a better deal then this come company.

Caleb

Why not a GoPro HD. They have several mounts that would allow you quick mounting, the video quality is true HD (up to 1080P at 30fps), and it's a camera meant to be used in action sports so it's able to take some beating/vibrations/etc. It also has a weather proof case.

dustybronco

www.sextonoffroad.com
X2 on the Go Pro. My wife bought one while we were at SEMA this year and it worked great for King of the Hammers. I think they are around $200.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I have the SD version.. Paid like $150 on ebay new.. We beat the hell out of it mounted on Rob's 4runner and my Xterra for the BOR desert race last year.. It's an awesome little camera, and the HD version would be that much better.

I'd go with the GoPro.. Mounting is very versatile.

1995zj

I'm addicted
I got a smokin' deal for the HD Motorsports HERO for $215 shipped brand new on ebay. The guy was selling them left and right for that price...the next day the listing got pulled. Makes me wonder if they were stolen or something haha.

It's a sweet camera for sure, and with my 32gig SD card I can hold 9 hours of video....that should be plenty for a day in Moab :cool:

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I got an older flip and it's a good camera for what it is. I would have liked to be able to take stills with it but the video is clear and works well. They have a standard camera screw mount to the bottom so it shouldn't be difficult to mount.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'll sell you my standard GoPro for $75/shipped.... PM me if you're interested. :)

I filmed this video with the camera, it's jumpy because the camera is mounted on a dirt bike with knobbies and I was doing around 30-35 MPH. It's tough for a camera to keep up at that speed unless it's a higher quality camera.

[YOUTUBE]cKp_9TP3Z54[/YOUTUBE]

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
This looks like about the coolest camera out there. Jamesgeologist was going to pick one up for his heli-skiing trip to Alaska. Simple to operate and quite rugged HD awesomeness!!

http://vholdr.com/

27c07ff9-d1be-4939-8de8-5eef26201b0e.jpg