vortex rifle scopes

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I have been looking at a few different models of vortex scopes for one of my guns. I am wondering if any of you have experience with vortex. The reviews seem to be good. Most people seem to have good to say about them.

I am NOT wondering if there are better scopes in the world, there are. I am wondering if they are decent for the money.

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
Vortex are great scopes, especially for the money. Their Warranty is top notch also, I use several of them and have been totally satisfied. The only time i have had a problem was with a used Razer Hd Spotting scope I bought used that looked like it had been through the war. I didn't hesitate on buying it because I called them and asked them if they would accept it for warranty work if I wasn't the original purchaser and if it was pretty beat up, they said yes. I picked it up for half price and sent it in, they cleaned it up, re aligned it and replaced the eye piece for free. 1 week turn around from mailing it in to getting it back.

As far as optic quality, they are cleaner then my Nikon Monarch. I would say on the same level as Meopta, pretty close to a Leupold. Although every leupold owner will say they are not even close, I have used both of them and they were both HD spotting scopes and have used them both a lot, I couldnt see a difference worth spending more for a Leupold.

Last edited:

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Vortex are great scopes, especially for the money. Their Warranty is top notch also, I use several of them and have been totally satisfied. The only time i have had a problem was with a used Razer Hd Spotting scope I bought used that looked like it had been through the war. I didn't hesitate on buying it because I called them and asked them if they would accept it for warranty work if I wasn't the original purchaser and if it was pretty beat up, they said yes. I picked it up for half price and sent it in, they cleaned it up, re aligned it and replaced the eye piece for free. 1 week turn around from mailing it in to getting it back.

As far as optic quality, they are cleaner then my Nikon Monarch. I would say on the same level as Meopta, pretty close to a Leupold. Although every leupold owner will say they are not even close, I have used both of them and they were both HD spotting scopes and have used them both a lot, I couldnt see a difference worth spending more for a Leupold.

That is the kind of info I was looking for. Actual experience from someone that has used the brand. Awesome thanks.

Any negatives for anyone?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I have one on my .223 Rem 700. Quite like it! I'd say similar things as above. I have a couple Nikon Monarchs and the Vortex at worst rivals them.

SnwMnkys

Ive got the Vortex Viper PST 1-4X24 on my AR10. Only negative I can think of is finding used ones for a good price. Their no questions asked even if you are the 100th owner warranty keeps the used market high. Ive noticed used ones usually go for 80-90% of new. I bought mine off Ebay and the seller didnt include the shims for setting my zero stop. I called up Vortex and they sent me out new ones with no shipping costs or anything. Ill definately buy more of their products.

014.jpg