VPN service provider?

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I use Pure VPN. I'm allowed 5 devices at a time for 50 bucks a year. Works great on my kids iPad, my wifes iPhone 6, my S5, and I was able to put it directly on my wireless router. And there are so many IP addresses to choose from.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
If you are looking to do file sharing though...I just did some research and PureVPN blocks torrents. Found that out only through research only, not because I was doing anything I shouldn't be.

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
Not all VPNs are created equal. Read the fine print. Many offer literally no true anonymity or file sharing concealment whatsoever, even if the authorities come knocking.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Not all VPNs are created equal. Read the fine print. Many offer literally no true anonymity or file sharing concealment whatsoever, even if the authorities come knocking.

This thread made me do some research and you are correct. PureVPN is more than willing to share your info with the authorities if requested by official documents. Maybe find another company to go with honestly. I think I will.

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
If anything using a VPN only puts you on some watchlist, like using TOR or similar. Just don't use the internet with an assumption of privacy or anonymity, because that does not exist.
The NSA data center in Draper uses 65 megawatts of power continuously. Where do you think that power is going? it's not going into thin air, storage is cheaper than the processing power/time for deletion, everything you do is being logged with the possibility of later examination.

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
If anything using a VPN only puts you on some watchlist, like using TOR or similar. Just don't use the internet with an assumption of privacy or anonymity, because that does not exist.
The NSA data center in Draper uses 65 megawatts of power continuously. Where do you think that power is going? it's not going into thin air, storage is cheaper than the processing power/time for deletion, everything you do is being logged with the possibility of later examination.

Which is complete bullshit and completely illegal. Assholes.

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
Oh and all this includes smart phones, especially iPhones (nsa documents were leaked showing an unknown apple backdoor, etc). Any cell connected device can easily be tracked along with who's traveling with you, and data can be extracted from phones through 'faked' cell towers... this is part of the reason why government agencies are so concerned with the rise of encryption-standard cell phones.

g:spork::spork:gle it

Last edited: