VW TDI motor for samurain swap

87zuki87

My sami motor is getting unreliable so it has come time to replace it. I really want to do a small turbo diesel so if anyone know's of a motor that's available please let me know.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Just some helpful info... Swapping in a TDI engine is very involved, lots of wiring and you need to keep the ignition switch, gauge cluster, etc.

A better alternative is the VW mechanical 1.6 turbo diesel from '84 up. They have no electronic controls, much simpler to swap compared to the TDI engine.

sixstringsteve

Brent at Trail Tough has done quite a few engine swaps, and he usually has parts around. He may know where to get a VW diesel.

his latest rig , guacazuki (INCREDIBLE RIG!) uses a 2.0 from a swift I believe.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
My sami motor is getting unreliable

When have they ever been reliable?!?! :rofl::rofl: At least not in the 4 I have owned!

I have seen a few of the diesel swaps, and they are pretty sweet.. I know some of the VW swaps can be fairly simple like 1 additional wire simple..

airmanwilliams

thats quite the involved and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ motor swap. why not do a sidekick 16v swap? I may have a lead on a vw for you, ill try to call the guy tomorrow or monday and see if hes still selling it.