Wagoneer lift

1993yj

I have a buddy that just got himself a 1991 Wagoneer and is looking at putting on a 3" lift. In looking at some of the different kits out there, many of them say that they are for years 74-90, and some say for years 76-91. These kits just come with new springs up front and blocks in the rear. Is there any difference on these vehicles from 90-91 on the front springs? The cheapest kit we have found says it is for years 74-90, but before we go ordering anything we want to be sure that it will work.

Last edited:

ElJefe

uh. . .
http://www.bjsoffroad.com/

BJ's is a great company. I'm gonna be ordering front 4 inch springs soon.

The 74-90 will work on the 91. no changes there, just a 91 technically doesn't exist, so they never include that. pre-74 were post mounted springs and the springs were shorter. I suggest getting the BJ's 4" kit, new springs all around and includes shocks. I am a hater of lift blocks. If you got the dough the Skyjacker kit is the best, I got Skyjacker rear springs on mine and thats where all my flex comes from.

You could also consider a spring over on the front and shackle flip on the rear. bout 7" inches of lift. BJ's also carrys the SOA kits. or you can go to www.ifsja.org and there's tons of info on that there. Look up a guy namd Tad. he makes the SOA kits.

1993yj

Thanks for the info. If it were mine I would prob do new springs in the rear too rather than blocks, but since this is his first rig, I think he just wants to get a feel for the sport before investing too much.

ElJefe

uh. . .
When I got my lift 10 years ago I got a Black Diamond 4". had the new springs in front and blocks and add-a-leafs in the rear. the blocks caused so much axle wrap that it broke the aal's right in the middle. so no more blocks for me.

Shtmtlman

I did a shackle reverse in the rear and add aleafs in the front as well as a spring over the first time i lifted my waggy, worked great. In the front i took out two springs and added two addaleafs and it gave me 4".