WANTED-1984-2001 XJ rear leaf springs

B2-Bomber

I am looking for a set of the rear leaf springs for 1984-2001 XJ Cherokee. stock or aftermarket is fine

Robb-eight-O-one-87-nine, forty-three-5-one

B2-Bomber

Sadly I dont have $275 in the budget. I did say "aftermarket is fine" but thats just more than I was looking to spend. Thanks though

Stothex

Ha ha I just bent mine last weekend and need some too. I am looking to swap in fiberglass springs from a Chevy Astro van. Just need to build the brackets, Rhino line them (Protection) and install them.

B2-Bomber

so the astro ones are better? looks like the 73-91 astro leaves have similar dimensions of
2 1/2 Wide 23 x 28 5/8, versus 24 x 28 so it would move my axle 5/8" forward. but not bad.​

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I'll have to check my "stock". I'm sure I could make a couple full packs for you. I've got a set of new ones that I didn't like how the Jeep sat. I think I've got a set of used ones also?

Stothex

so the astro ones are better? looks like the 73-91 astro leaves have similar dimensions of
2 1/2 Wide 23 x 28 5/8, versus 24 x 28 so it would move my axle 5/8" forward. but not bad.​
I am going to make brackets so I don't have to move my axle. So I will have to go a little ways back.