Wanted: 2005 YZ450F rear wheel

Moabxjeeper

Howdy folks!

Well, my dad and I figured out an interesting algorithm at the track a few weeks ago; too much low end + loose sprocket bolts = busted hub. It completely cracked through part of the hub and folded the sprocket like a taco.

I might be taking a shot in the dark here, but does anyone have an extra rear wheel/hub assembly that would fit a 2005 YZ450F, preferrably with sprocket attached?

B2-Bomber

1999-2008 YZ/YZF have a 22mm axle

I sell replacement new, billet hubs for them, loaded with bearings for $189

or complete rear wheel, new with rotor, and sprocket (your choice in size), has lifetime service plan for $404.00

Last edited:

Vonski

nothing to see here...

or complete rear wheel, new with rotor, and sprocket (your choice in size), has lifetime service plan for $404.00

FWIW, I have a complete rear wheelset from these guys and I'm really happy with it. They definitely use high end components.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
It may not be top of the line, but you can get a Tusk wheel from RMATV for less than $300. I bought one to put my trials tire on and have bee happy with it.

B2-Bomber

It may not be top of the line, but you can get a Tusk wheel from RMATV for less than $300. I bought one to put my trials tire on and have bee happy with it.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

"may not be top of the line"?.....it most certainly is not

You mean In The less than 3 months those have even been on the market?

Did yours come in a box that clearly said "made in taiwan" in 3places like all tusk wheel boxes? Even worse, pop the seals out, and google the brand of the bearings....they are chinese, and only abec 3 bearings to boot (you should be running an abec 5, and the best bearings are made in japan)

Those are already having the anodizing finish fading.

T hose wheels are not built here in the salt lake area, not anodized in the salt lake area, they dont use abec 5 japanese bearings, they dont come standard with rotors and sprockets standard, and since rmatv has no capability to build, or repair wheels they couldn't offer a lifetime service plan if they tried

I suggest, if you are in the market to buy a wheel. You should buy a wheel that does come with those things

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

"may not be top of the line"?.....it most certainly is not
Do I amuse you?......not everyone needs a top of the line wheel. The tusk works perfectly for my trials tire that I use about 10 times a year.

After 6 months of desert racing, my stock KTM wheels ar getting a little haggered. Sounds like your wheels are good and you should sponsor me some wheels for the 2014 season.

Last edited:

Tonkaman

What company are you referring to? Warp 9?

Caleb

If you want to go this route, I can get the Tusk wheels for $225ish + shipping for a rear wheel. (shipping is about $10 generally) Like mentioned, they're not a Warp 9, Excel, etc, I'll probably get some Warp 9s I need another set of wheels, but if you're on a budget they should get you by just fine like every other Tusk product does.

Moabxjeeper

Thank you to everyone that responded. We found a used one on Ebay from a 2006 that is in great shape for not too much. Seems to be working great!