Wanted: 24-28' trailer

How big are the benefits from a trailer group buy? 20' between fender?

Not sure of the benefits. Marc got better pricing when he bought his (same trailer, see attached pic). I sent a request. What size are you interested in?

20' between fender would be pretty wide.:D:D

83" between fenders. 26' deck length (for the one I am interested in). 12,000# $4300 or 14,000# $5100. Trailer and tires are the same, axles are heavier.

I am still deciding between 12,000# and 14,000#. The 26' weighs 3500 lbs. My jeeps (my scrambler and son's YJ) weigh 8400 lbs. That's 11,900#. About 1200# goes on the hitch, so 10,700# on trailer. A more burly rig like Marc's Feature Flatty would push it close to 12,200#.

Attachments

• Sept and Oct 079.jpg
    Sept and Oct 079.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 61

Cascadia

Undecided
Haha. Ya, 20' would be pretty wide. I just pictured it. I was meaning to say 20' long and between fender is the style I'd maybe be interested in. 12k pound.

Haha. Ya, 20' would be pretty wide. I just pictured it. I was meaning to say 20' long and between fender is the style I'd maybe be interested in. 12k pound.

They no longer do group discounts, Marc's was a one time deal. I'm checking around. Big Bubba's is too busy to respond to a lowly email about a 26' car hauler, I guess I'll have to call. Or maybe visit in person. Same with Wasatch.

planman

Please report what you find. I'm interested because it's time for me to sell my 40' wedge (3 car) gooseneck and go to a 26' bumper pull.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

6 week delivery from Paiute. Haven't had a chance to call the other guys yet. And none of them reply to emails. Must be great to be so busy that you can ignore customers.

Wife thinks there are better things to spend money on.

Ugh.

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
If there were enough people interested we would become a dealer and pass the savings on in the initial buyin purchase.. There would have to be several people interested tho. We looked into piute in the past and have considered it, just don't have room for the trailers to sit.

planman

I got a quote on Monday for a 6" channel, 24', 14k GVWR, with rear slide out ramps for under $5500, including shipping, to Billings, MT. The brand is PJ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I got a quote on Monday for a 6" channel, 24', 14k GVWR, with rear slide out ramps for under $5500, including shipping, to Billings, MT. The brand is PJ.

Is that the "CC"? I asked Wasatch for a quote for a 26' version of that. Nothing yet. 24' doesn't give me much wiggle room for properly arranging the jeeps. It happens to work out well on the 24' PJ deckover that I've rented, but only nose-to-nose. Taking the top off the YJ will mean we face it forward, which scoots mine back a couple inches, unloading the tongue a bit. 26' helps me keep it perfectly balanced.

$5500 isn't bad, but $400 more than the 26' from Paiute (no idea on shipping).

Wasatch will do a great deal on a PJ, ask for Todd
I would also give Dave Poulsen a shout

What brand is Poulsen?

Attachments

• CC.pdf
    183.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Poulson called me back first thing in the morning: $5600

Called Wasatch: transferred to a salesman, ring ring ring ring...

Called Big Bubba's: $5800

Paiute will be sending me the order form. Theirs was $5100 for a trailer identical to Marc's but with 7000 lb axles.

Now I'm wondering if I want 26' or 28'. How long are most buggies these days? My scrambler and Marc's 101" wheelbase Jeep item barely fit on his 26'. My scrambler and son's YJ fit on a 24', but just barely. I think that eventually there will be a buggy on the trailer with the scrambler.

Last edited: