*WANTED* TJ rear axle. D44, 8.8, or Super 35, with 3:73 gearing.

Artandid

I'm looking for an axle for my '99 TJ. I was at WOTR this last weekend and my stock D35 axle broke on the Double Sammy trail (7-8 rated). That trail has no easy options for getting out, so needless to say it was an interesting recovery. When we made it to the trailer I felt more accomplished than if I had actually conquered all of the obstacles on that trail without a strap. :D

Anyhow... I need a new axle setup with 3.73 gears. I don't want (or need) to regear the stock front gearing because I am running a Teralow transfer case. I can barely keep the thing stopped with full pressure on the brake pedal when I'm in 4-low. If I geared my diffs any lower, I'd have to swap in brakes from an 18-wheeler.

I'm hoping to find a bolt-on ready axle with 3:73 gearing. A stock TJ D44, Super 35, or a Ford 8.8 that is TJ ready. I'm ready to buy, and don't mind paying for shipping... so please, let me know what you have!! Call me at 8oh1-6oh4-5517 Thanks!

Last edited:

04whitetj

I have an 8.8, but it is not TJ ready. It is limited slip with the 3.73 gearing though. Throwing it out there if you don't find something better suited to your needs.

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-F using Tapatalk