• Side-Jobs Forum Rules:
    • No requests related to 4x4, offroad, or any services already provided by vendors who support RME and make this site possible. If you are seeking these types of services, please post in a General 4x4 or another approriate forum.
    • No requests related to morally questionable or illegal activities
    • Any requests here may be removed at any time at the discretion of the moderators

WANTED: Vinyl (I think) decals/stickers applied to my vehicle

theferg

DD for Life
I am looking for somebody or some place that can put these vinyl reproduction stickers/decals on the side of my Cruiser. Steve had these repros done up and included with the vehicle when I bought it and I just need to find someone to take what I have and apply it to my rig. I've tried a few local Utah Valley tint shops, wrap shops, and custom car shops and nobody is wanting to do it. Anybody on here do this type of thing or know a place that will do it using my already printed stuff?

Steve says its very high quality material, but I can't remember what specifically he said it was (I'm trying to find out from him now....) They are in 3 different sections for each side: the front fender, the door, and the rear quarter. Just go straight down the side of the rig. Shouldn't be a big deal for someone who actually does this kinda thing.

Here's a couple pics of my truck as it is now and of how the original stripes were. The decals I have for it are exact replicas.

BJ74-clean-side.jpg
1989-5309-3.jpg

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Those look a bit challenging. I've put quite a few on '80s Toyotas and FedEx vans and such. I'm sure I'm not well practiced but if you get in a jam, I could coach you :D

Heat gun, masking tape and a bondo spreader are your friend.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
Soapy water in a spray bottle is key. Spray away liberally, throw the stickers on, the soapy water allows the decals to slide into place then squeegee the water out. Let sit in the sun until dry than peel the backing off. I've done tons if graphics in my time, it's far easier than most people realize.

BLM... lolz.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Soapy water in a spray bottle is key. Spray away liberally, throw the stickers on, the soapy water allows the decals to slide into place then squeegee the water out. Let sit in the sun until dry than peel the backing off. I've done tons if graphics in my time, it's far easier than most people realize.

BLM... lolz.

This

rollover

Auto Trim on about 3700 south 300 west SLC.
They have done a whole side of a motor home for me before. Great work.
JM2C

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Did you try Clear Bra? Ask for Jon Mahfood, tell him I sent you.

Otherwise try it yourself. JL pretty much summed it up. It's really not that bad of an install.

Rock Taco

I think you have made a terrible mistake. I will take that abomination of a Toyota off your hands to save you any more embarrassment. ;)