warn 9500 ti review

Toad

I am looking at putting one of these on the CJ. Just wondering if anybody had any input of pro/cons about this winch. I currenty have a x8000i on the CJ now.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
That's a fantastic winch, the only downside is sometimes the no-load speed is a little too fast.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I've had one on my FJ40 for 4-5 years? Its always worked great. The only downside is I'm starting to get some corrosion on the housing. Nothing that effects performance just aesthetics.

hardline90

Real rigs are built!
I have one on my CJ and works great. The only complaint would be they have a hard time free spooling. I have to run it out with the motor.

SnwMnkys

Mine has a hard time free spooling as well. And lately the spool out has stopped working. I just get a click from the solenoids. Ive only used it a couple times as well.

sunshine

No Whiners!
I used mine for the first time and it sounds like the solenoids stuck i had to unwind the cable on free spool and it is slow, probably the gearing its only a couple months old.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Man, wtf? These are generally super solid winches, I ruined the brakes on mine but that was a combination of water/corrosion and a very heavy load (pulling a HD GMC up a hillside sideways).

Now here is the rocking thing about Warn, the warranty. Each of you need to go visit John and John at the Six States winch repair facility. They can and will get you all fixed up.

Toad

Well I picked up this winch. Got a pretty good deal on it.

Crusier you mentioned you ruined your brakes on your winch? I tested mine before buying. Everything works fine but when let off power from the remote the drum continues to turn about 4 times this was with no load or cable on the drum. It does this powering in or out. Is this normal?

X2 on John Williams at six states. The dude has always been super helpful. Knows his stuff when it come to these things.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
The brake should lock it up with no load almost immediately, your symptoms sound like the way mine was operating with the brakes toast? Though mine really wouldn't ever stop, just keep pulling out with very little resistance.