WARN PREMIUM HUBS or SUPERWINCH HUBS

ds1919

NUTTNbutDIRTnROCKS!
well my hub on the right busted yesterday. should I get the Warns or the Supers?

note-the right hub is REALLY hard to turn, and when I lock them and go into 4wd, the right side just clicks when I drive...would that be the hub or something else?

thanks

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I believe you can swap on Aisin Huns from a Solid Axle Toy, any of the aftermarket offerings are weaker than the Stock Toy hubs. There is a thread about Toyota Hubs and a Link in it about swapping Toy hups onto a Isuzu, I think. Heres the thread, look for the link posted by Spencauri-

Toy Hubs and Isuzu swaping

ds1919

NUTTNbutDIRTnROCKS!
The 92 Rodeo comes with Aisin manual locking hubs.

Are these the same that are on Toys?

So should I just stick with these instead of going with Warns? I just figured that if Aisins were the factory, then Warns would be better....not true?

thanks

also, independent4x sells a set of Aisin external manual hubs for $99, is that a good deal or is it possible to rebuild mine?

Last edited:

ds1919

NUTTNbutDIRTnROCKS!
okay, just got back from rebuilding the bad hub, and it still doesnt work. I am going to take it apart again and see if I can force the clutch into the locked position and see if it still makes noise---hope its not the axle-shaft...

oh and thanks for the link for installing Aisins!!! really helped

ds1919

NUTTNbutDIRTnROCKS!
well I found out what the noise was. Its the half shaft and not the hubs. The hub is engaging just fine, and the cv boot is torn (has been for a few months) and has spattered all the grease out now. The stress of being locked in makes the cv joints "clack clack clack" and hopefully they will break soon so I can get a solid axle!

Ryan

For future reference, Superwinch are about the weakest hubs on the market(at least in the Dana 44 variety). They do have a good warranty though, which doesn't do jack for you when you're in the middle of nowhere. Anyway, that's my $.02...