water pump?

wjwithawj

So before I get to far into this I wanna see if it is possible for me to do it or if it would. E better taking it to a shop...
So
I had a leak in in my radiator and I replaced it and the thermostat( because it was old anyway)
I ran it to make sure everything wirked right after I refilled the fluid and found a leak from what looks like the water pump...?
I think when it was running hot it might have fried the gasket or something... kinda want to tear into it in the next week or so... lm still learning so all input is useful
Thanks

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Normally water pumps have a weep hole where when they start going bad they start to leak from. Normally it's about engine centerline and toward the front. If it's offset to one side it's possible you just overfilled the coolant overfill reservoir. I've never done a Jeep but I wouldn't imagine it would be too difficult to swap out.
Typical tasks you would do would be drain the coolant, remove fan, remove serpentine belts/v-groove belts, remove hoses if there are any attached to the water pump, unbolt water pump, scrape off old gasket/sealant from block, reverse procedure to re-assemble.

At this point you may want to make sure your hoses are good, belts aren't cracked, etc. It's already apart so swapping for a new part ought to be easy.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
make sure you get the correct rotation water pump if you getting a new one... there are two different rotations... so compare the old with the new...