Way to go beau!!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
You guys really think this only happened twice???? Seriously.... I think he has been snaking gas for god knows how long and just got caught.

And... do you have proof of this? Or is it just your biased hatred for the guy talking?

Jesser04

And... do you have proof of this? Or is it just your biased hatred for the guy talking?

No hatred I'm just questioning why we are going back 6,12,18 months to see what this clowns been doing. My theory is he has been snaking gas for quite awhile (months if not years) gets busted. The city has to do something so they just send a couple months over to the DA.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Either way, it floors me when these career officers with 20+ years do such dumbsh!t stuff to ruin their careers.. The DUI officer who got caught DUI himself.. Really?

There was a story on KUTV 2 News I think it was, just the other day about how many LEO have been charged and arrested over the 2010 year.. Looks like 2011 is kicking off with a highly visible one...

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
You guys really think this only happened twice???? Seriously.... I think he has been snaking gas for god knows how long and just got caught. I think the I'm broke is just a sob story.

My gut feeling is that it did happen more than twice, and maybe in other ways other than fuel bills. But this is why we have audits and an investigation. Once the weight of the issue is understood then the penalty can be applied. It is not right to assume the guy is guilty and apply the lifetime ban on his career, and then start the audit and investigation to find out how much damage was done. Sim Gill simply pulled the trigger before he even understood his target.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
it did state in the report that there were more violations but they were just focusing in on the two... and the reason is probably cause they are air tight violations... caught on video filling his and his wifes car with gas on the city card....

And then he says that he felt that seeing he used his private vehicle for official business he was just collecting the payback... but did he also use his wifes car as well? This all is a dumbshit doing something wrong and he knew it...

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
So, the guy commits what the prosecutor's office considers a 3rd degree felony and the Fraternal Order of Police say the prosecutor went too far?

I say that's a shining example of "lets show the public that we really are above the law".

crybaby.gif

Last edited:

rholbrook

He is too close to losing his pension if he hasn't earned it already. I think for cops it is either 20 or 25 years. Being this close, I bet he will end up getting a slap and a desk job until he passes the time. If he is guilty, he's guilty, things start smalll and the next thing you know he's soliciting prostitutes like my home town hero last year and all he got was a slap on the hand.

Meanwhile, will the new speaker of the house get a new Boeing jet for his trips like Nancy had. Talk about stealing gas money.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Here is an example from today of a mis-use of city funds and resources by a police officer, and how it was handled.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...who-used-police-chopper-to-run-errand/1145452

My guess is that a helicopter ride is pretty expensive and cost the tax payers some conciderable coin. Who knows if Beau's fuel bill equals the price of that trip, but I would guess they would be similar.

This guy got a week of no pay and some bad public attention. A penalty such as this seems more fitting to the crime.

my4thjeep

Beau was caught in an audit. Local government agencies are audited every year. They turned the evidence over to the District Attorney. The totals were more than $500 and because it was City Funds it got the felony counts.

What position does it put the DA if they don't prosecute him? With other cases? With Cases that Beau gathered evidence? If I am a defense attorney and Babka had anything to do with my case I am fighting it hard because if he stole funds did he play with evidence?

Finally this sends a message to everyone that its not ok to steal even gas.