waynehartwig

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Thanks guys! I wish I could say it was the best ever, but out of 40 of them, it was the worst ever!

Friday night, going to dinner, the car dies on the freeway. 2.5 hours later, AAA shows up to tow us home. At least that was free... ;)

Saturday I spent most of the day working on the car in the street in the rain, because of our shitty 45* sloped driveway. Which also meant everytime I had to go get something from the garage, I had to walk up and down the long, sloped driveway. Around 4 (after replacing the fuel filter, cap/rotor, tightening the timing belt, adjusting the valves and compression check) got it to run, kind of, but enough to get it into the driveway. It's either the distributor or the ECU - I'm goign with ECU, so I ordered one from a junker in CA for $55. The rest of the day I spent working on those Rock Jock 60's.

Sunday morning I worked on a friends TJ because he said the steering was fawked up, and wanted me to 1 ton it. After he yarded out the tires, he showed me why he wanted to pull the Currie steering and 1 ton it. I told him that 'clunk' and rotation was normal. After saying I was full of it and not trusting my opinion, I went over and started wiggling **** and saw his sector shaft on his steering box flopping around. So I told him there's your death wobble cause... Then I worked the rest of the night on the RJ's.

We're going camping this weekend :D