Wayne's World

4x4less

ELLIS
I've searched and searched- what rating have we given to Wayne's World? I have never done Constrictor or Sidewinder and am curious as to how they compare with Wayne's World.
ELLIS

Last edited:

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
it's just one obstacle below the start of constrictor. Most rigs with 2 lockers can do it when dry, some without lockers and a lot of momentum.

4x4less

ELLIS
I realize that. I can make it up Wayne's world. I've never tried either upper trail before and am curious as to difficulty compared to Wayne's world.

Cascadia

Undecided
Hard to compare. WW is only like 20 feet. If constrictor was the same level of WW the whole way it would be super difficult. But it's not. I've never had any problems on it but I've always had 37's or bigger and 2 lockers. I've never made eagles nest though. I'd be comfortable saying that if you've done WW then you shouldn't have a problem on the upper trails. That's just an opinion though.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I've never made Wayne's World, but I can tell you that there's nothing on Constrictor to compare except Eagle's Nest.

I assume Sidewinder has harder stuff, but I haven't been on that trail yet.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Never really earned any body damage on Rattlesnake or Constrictor but all but one of my driver side body panels had seen better days after my first two trips on Sidewinder.

Constrictor isn't that hard IMO with the correct equipment(and right driver) but I've only made WW one time.

4x4less

ELLIS
All encouraging info guys. So, I'm going to admit something sad- Friday was the first time my cruiser has seen dirt in almost 2 years. I started drifting a few years back and I'll never forget what Sami (Jason Goates) said- "don't do it- first it's just one event here and there, next thing you know you're selling the crawler" well Goates- I sold all my drift stuff and am back on the trails :)
Ellis

blznnp

I have failed on Wayne's world everytime, I think broken a throttle cable two times. High center each time also. Time to go back, and also try eagles nest, why not

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Pretty much, especially sucks when you are following Nate and nothing stops him. Hopefully my 40's will give me just enough clearance now.

Wayne's world was made for XJ's. Just ask Wayne. My nephew drove it while a couple of Toyotas on 40's bypassed it. Funny obstacle.

I agree Con isn't all that difficult but people can get hung-up and frustrated on Radiator Rapids. Eagle's Nest varies so much from trip to trip. One time I cruised right up it but a couple others it just wasn't happening. I'm not even sure if I consider Rattlesnake more than a leisurely dirt road anymore but that's probably because I ran it in all it's glory circa '04-05

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
All encouraging info guys. So, I'm going to admit something sad- Friday was the first time my cruiser has seen dirt in almost 2 years. I started drifting a few years back and I'll never forget what Sami (Jason Goates) said- "don't do it- first it's just one event here and there, next thing you know you're selling the crawler" well Goates- I sold all my drift stuff and am back on the trails :)
Ellis

Do you work at a certain local 4wd van shop? If so we have chatted a few times and it's good to see you getting back on the trails.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Wayne's world was made for XJ's. Just ask Wayne. My nephew drove it while a couple of Toyotas on 40's bypassed it. Funny obstacle.

I agree Con isn't all that difficult but people can get hung-up and frustrated on Radiator Rapids. Eagle's Nest varies so much from trip to trip. One time I cruised right up it but a couple others it just wasn't happening. I'm not even sure if I consider Rattlesnake more than a leisurely dirt road anymore but that's probably because I ran it in all it's glory circa '04-05

My first and only time I have ever been on Rattlesnake and Constrictor the Jeep made Radiator Rapids look easy, didn't spin a tire, get hung up, or need to back up anywhere. I called it beginners luck because I knew almost nothing about the trail, seems to me that if I know more about a trail I tend to doubt things or get nervous if you will, that day I simply followed the guys in front of me.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Bret, the only solution is to give it a shot on Saturday. It's looking like we'll be headed out there if you're interested.

blznnp

Bret, the only solution is to give it a shot on Saturday. It's looking like we'll be headed out there if you're interested.
I don't know if I will have the blazer back by then, getting a cage installed in it right now. plus I have a car show I am planning on putting my car in. But I do want to get it out there soon to try and get up WW, I have to get up it at least once.

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
If you can make WW the upper trail (aka Constrictor) shouldn't be a problem at all... minus eagles nest which has a winch point buried, but if ya pile rocks you can drive it no problem. :D

From the historical pictures I've studied, Constrictor Trail now has bypasses on all minor/major obstacles due to trail widened syndrome. Essentially you think your driving the "trail", but really your following the tracks of others that widened the trail, and although still cool definitely not what was intended. :(

Sidewinder (and its exit trail) on the other hand are def an extreme trail only. Pretty much mandatory two lockers, min 37's, roll cage and big cahone's!
(for the immediate moment that is... we all know how that goes though! hahaha) :rofl: