web page ad rates

kkemp

So what is the going rate for web page ads like on the top of this one. Do you usually charge by month, year, or other? I have some wanting to place a small text ad with a link on my web site and I'm not sure what's a fair amount.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
In most cases, it all depends on the amount of traffic your website sees and if the ads are relevant to the type of audience that the website targets.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
So what is the going rate for web page ads like on the top of this one. Do you usually charge by month, year, or other? I have some wanting to place a small text ad with a link on my web site and I'm not sure what's a fair amount.

PM me with what kind of text you're thinking about & a link to the site. We can go from there.

Caleb

PM me with what kind of text you're thinking about & a link to the site. We can go from there.
He's wanting to put ads on HIS site, not advertise his site on RME ;)

What Shane said, you gotta be able to make it worth while for the client/customer to pay for the space.

kkemp

The site gets 2000+ hits per month. This music store want's to pay me $35 for his little ad. He didn't specify per month, year or one time. I don't want to ask him because then I loose my negotiating leverage. As you can see I'm pretty ignorant about ads. I don't have a means to track the number of clicks on his link, other than the monthly stats generated by the web host. So, I don't really want to get into charging per click. To make the question simpler, is 35/mo, or 35/year sound more reasonable? 35/yr hardly makes worth the time to insert it on the web page. But, what the heck, it’s money.

Thanks for any info.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
The site gets 2000+ hits per month. This music store want's to pay me $35 for his little ad. He didn't specify per month, year or one time. I don't want to ask him because then I loose my negotiating leverage. As you can see I'm pretty ignorant about ads. I don't have a means to track the number of clicks on his link, other than the monthly stats generated by the web host. So, I don't really want to get into charging per click. To make the question simpler, is 35/mo, or 35/year sound more reasonable? 35/yr hardly makes worth the time to insert it on the web page. But, what the heck, it’s money.

Thanks for any info.

For comparison:

• RME sees roughly 1,700,000 page views /month (5,000,000 hits)
  • Up to 90,000 adviews per month per banner
  • We have over 10,100 unique visitors per month
With that said, we are not a greedy website. RME exists more for the benefit of its members and our hobby/sport. RME makes no real profit. Most of the money goes back into the cost of running and maintaining RME, as well as supporting the giveaway project and making stickers.

For a banner ad, we charge around (estimate) $85 / month for a banner ad at the top on a 1 year contract. The land use banner ads are displayed for free.

Hope this helps. :)