web people, or anyone that might know...

Caleb

How can I download an entire directory? I want to be able to download the entire directory instead of going inside each one and downloading all the files individually. Right-click save as just saves a link to that directory. I am wanting to put links on my site to do this so I dont want to use command line wget.

Caleb

Brett said:
For some reason, I remember hearing that you can add something to Firefox that does this.....?? :confused:

well, FTP can do it easily so you could prolly use FireFTP (an extension for Firefox) to do it. However, I want to be able to put links on my site that will allow you to download an entire directory without using FTP or wget or any third party software...if it possible. Just an html link of soem sort, maybe I can write some script to do it...

Caleb

Spork said:
Maybe you are making this too difficult... Just Zip up the files and link to the zip file. -_-

left that out, dont want them zipped cause then I would have to have the files twice on my site (I want to be able to just browse to individual files too if I want to).

this is what I want to do, I have my music on my server. I have them nicely organized by artists, albums, then songs. I want to be able to, if I want, download an entire artist, or a whole album, or individual songs. Does that make more sense? I know there has got to be a way to do this...

Meat_

Banned
DownThemAll for Firefox can grab images present, or any file type that has a link, so if you go to ftp view and pick your type.

Also, Getright (life saver on dial up) has a browser that can dl entire directories.

Meat_

Banned
Spork said:
But both those are browser based... Sounds like he wants the internet exploder folks to do it too... :mad2: (get a real browser!) ;)

Cool links Meat. :hickey:

I found this for i sploder. I have NOT tried this program.

Caleb

thats just it, if I can do it without loading another program that would be ideal. The reason for this is, I can't load programs on my machine at work, nor can my wife...but we can both download files onto our machines, just trying to find an easier way do download them without havign to do each file individually and something thats very easy for my wife. I think my wife has IE at her work and I use Mozilla so it can't be browser specific either.

Meat_

Banned
I guess I skimed past the no programs part :eek:

You want to get music to work? That's it? You have a DVD burner? 1100 or so mp3's on one disc makes it easy ;)

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Meat_ said:
I guess I skimed past the no programs part :eek:

You want to get music to work? That's it? You have a DVD burner? 1100 or so mp3's on one disc makes it easy ;)

Also helps when the IT Nazis go on a rampage and decide nobody should have MP3s on a work computer... -_-