Webserver - anyone know how to?

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Pathos said:
Short answer RTFM :rofl:

I'll play nice and point you in the right direction tho.

According to the manual for the Linksys you should be able to do the port forwarding thru the "Applications and Gaming" tab. (was this the same router Vonage was handing out?)

And for the USR look here

WTF is RTFM? -_-

Yes, it is the same router... :D I'm getting pissed off with Vonage, too... So That's going to get cancelled soon and they may want that router back. Which is fine... I have several.

Looking at the Linksys like you said, and yup! I found it under there! :) Now that I know what to look for, I looked at the USR router, and found it under 'virtual server' :D The USR router is cool, though. It already has the ports listed and you just have to select it and give it an IP of where to go. The Linksys you have to specify which port, etc.

Caleb

waynehartwig said:
Looking at the Linksys like you said, and yup! I found it under there! :) Now that I know what to look for, I looked at the USR router, and found it under 'virtual server' :D The USR router is cool, though. It already has the ports listed and you just have to select it and give it an IP of where to go. The Linksys you have to specify which port, etc.

yep, most those routers have it setup like that, you choose the service and select what IP it goes to...