Website Building....

1995zj

I'm addicted
Does anyone know somebody who would be interested in building up their website portfolio? I'm looking to have my website redone and I don't have the time to build it myself again. I'm not looking for a free handout, and I'm willing to pay, but I don't have a huge budget for this.

I can do some of the stuff on my own to help keep my cost down if needed. I just need something that I can add products to easier than my current setup. Also a search function would be nice and it would need to have a shopping cart. The one I currently use is pretty nice, and free too, not sure how easily it could be added into another site though.

If you know anyone that may be interested or that I could get in touch with, let me know! Thanks!

Caleb

It sounds like you just need a real shopping cart system. What are you currently using? I'd be happy to help you out, but I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone I help, I'm not a designer. :) Designing the site is not my strong point (I'm play a Systems Engineer for my day job), but I can certainly help you get whatever you would like, up and going. I'm ok on the design part and after enough work, can make the site look and feel how you want. Send me a PM if you'd like my help. :)

Some key things to consider when choosing a shopping cart is the technology it uses vs. what your server is running (does it need to be lamp based or windows based, etc...p.s. if you say windows based, the first suggestion I'll make is to move to a lamp system :D), the size of your product catalog (less than a hundred items, more than a hundred, more than a thousand, etc), do you want any kind of CMS along with it, you willing to learn a new system, what kind of ability do you want to control stock, community support, do you want open source vs. commercial, etc.

1995zj

I'm addicted
I built the current website myself and isn't ideal in any way for selling products. I have to build each products page separately, I have a template that helps, but still takes me 15+ minutes per page. I am in no way a web guru...just took a class in hs and taught myself the rest.

I also want something that yields better SEO.

The current shopping cart I use is the free E-junkie shopping cart. It works great for receiving payments through Paypal, but there's not database tied to it. If there is a way to incorporate that then great, I'm not sure though. (http://www.e-junkie.com/)

I don't even know what a lamp system is haha. GoDaddy provides all my hosting so I'm using their server.

I'll PM you more info and see what you think if you can help me out for some side $$.