Weekend with the family in Moab

NOTATOY

BACKYARD CUSTOMZ
We went down to Moab last weekend for a boiling hot fun filled weekend. As we got there we realized that my pops truck needs a v-6 radiator because it likes to overheat in the middle of the summer. My brothers truck sheared a wheel stud that ended up falling behind the rotor causing the spindle bolts to sheer off and punched a hole through the rotor. Luckily my other brother had to work saturday and he ran over to my house to pick up parts since nobody in Moab had the parts in stock. All in all it was fun even though we weren't able to wheel much.

Attachments

• BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 388.jpg
    BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 388.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 60
  • BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 387.jpg
    BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 387.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 55
  • BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 335.jpg
    BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 335.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 92
  • BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 369.jpg
    BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 369.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 51
  • BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 341.jpg
    BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 341.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 48
  • BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 434.jpg
    BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 434.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 55
  • BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 438.jpg
    BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 438.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 57
  • BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 439.jpg
    BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 439.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 60
  • BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 448.jpg
    BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 448.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 61
  • BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 329.jpg
    BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 329.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

NOTATOY

BACKYARD CUSTOMZ
More pics

This was the first time I've tried Escalator, and I went up without a spotter not a good idea. I slid into the hole and had to take the winch of shame to get out. I finally got a little body dameage though, wide axles and little body keeps the rocks away from the sheetmetal. Driving a slinky down the trails rocks the kids to sleep.

Attachments

• BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 336.jpg
    BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 336.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 49
  • BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 321.jpg
    BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 321.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 34
  • BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 447.jpg
    BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 447.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 50
  • BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 330.jpg
    BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 330.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 42
  • BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 322.jpg
    BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 322.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 34
  • BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 348.jpg
    BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 348.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 65
  • BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 409.jpg
    BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 409.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 36
  • BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 446.jpg
    BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 446.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 42
  • BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 394.jpg
    BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 394.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 58

854run2

ALMOST DONE
sweet looks like almost everyone had a good time, love the pics of your kids, look like they had a blast but the one of your dad is priceless!

854run2

ALMOST DONE
Sweet looks like everybody had a good time, the pics of your kids are great, but the pic of your dad is priceless.

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
Is your Dad's engine driven fan working properly and is the shroud intact?
Is he using a factory thermostat?

I ask because I could only get my 22-R to get hot when the shroud was off and I used a NAPA 185* T-stat.

Here is the P/N for the Toyota T-stat that he should be running:
Toyota P/N: 90916-03070 This helped immensely with heat in the winter and cured a strange gauge overshoot I had when I turned on the heat. It also provides better flow.

With the shroud intact and the right thermostat the little 22-R made it up Sand Mountain with no overheat!

NOTATOY

BACKYARD CUSTOMZ
I know he put in a new thermostat from checkers down in Moab thinking his was bad. He is running the stock clutched fan and shroud, so I'll have him try the OEM thermostat. The truck runs around all day in town with no problems, but as soon as it starts crawling the overflow starts to boil after about half an hour. We even pulled the grille hoping it would keep it cool with no luck. Thanks John we'll give it a try

NOTATOY

BACKYARD CUSTOMZ
Thanks Kyle, the funny thing about the body damage is that my dad slid into the same spot on Escalator over easter and we ended up breaking my hi lift to get him out. This trip I slid down, and my other hi lift was on my cage and got bent bad. Same body damage on two trucks and 2 hi lifts down , oh well all in good fun!

choptopbII

Thanks Kyle, the funny thing about the body damage is that my dad slid into the same spot on Escalator over easter and we ended up breaking my hi lift to get him out. This trip I slid down, and my other hi lift was on my cage and got bent bad. Same body damage on two trucks and 2 hi lifts down , oh well all in good fun!

Dont worry, you can use my highlift anytime you must. :D

big cherokee

a.r.c fabrication
this october plan sounds like a good idea.

jake looks like it was fun, 100+ degrees reflecting off those rocks will make most vehicles over heat. have to check the fan clutch make sure its locking up. i have seen bad ones.

glad you guys had fun though.