Weird Vibration

turbohaulic

I don't know it just is!
I thought this was pretty funny:D

To my mechanically challenged friends, male and female, “it’s making a funny noise" does not constitute an excuse to keep driving and hoping it'll go away. A woman ran over a mattress and decided to keep going anyway. The mattress got caught in the cars under belly and finally whipped around enough to put a tear in the gas tank. Leaking gas she still managed to drive the car for 30 more miles decently, with a 60lb tangle wrapped around the driveshaft. The subsequent lack of fuel is what finally brought her vehicle to its knees. After having her car towed to her dealer's garage, she complained that the vehicle had a "shimmy" when driving it at high speeds.
This is what the dealership found..............

Attachments

• pic00801.jpg
    pic00801.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 104
  • pic01431.jpg
    pic01431.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 128
  • pic04905.jpg
    pic04905.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 109

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
once many years ago I had a lifted 78 bronco... we were out wheeling in a field in January,,, (the field is now draper) but it was like 3am and I was taking my girlfriend at the time home when my bronco came screeching to a stop right in the middle of a puddle... I got out and found that I had hooked a end of a barbwire fence on my driveline and it just wound around it until it got down to the diff where it wrapped around it.. when it finally got tight it stopped the bronco...

It took me 3 hours to cut all that barbwire off with a pair of wire cutters all the while laying in that puddle....

Fuller

Formerly limegrnxj
ha this just happend to one of the garbage trucks at my work. sure makes a mess of the 30+ wires that are in the drivline area

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I think I would have just popped the Bronco in reverse, thus unwinding said barbed wire. Then, spent the hext 3 hours mud wrestling with said girlfriend.... :D

once many years ago I had a lifted 78 bronco... we were out wheeling in a field in January,,, (the field is now draper) but it was like 3am and I was taking my girlfriend at the time home when my bronco came screeching to a stop right in the middle of a puddle... I got out and found that I had hooked a end of a barbwire fence on my driveline and it just wound around it until it got down to the diff where it wrapped around it.. when it finally got tight it stopped the bronco...

It took me 3 hours to cut all that barbwire off with a pair of wire cutters all the while laying in that puddle....