Welding help needed in Moab ASAP

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
Today while heading to Canyonlands our tow dolly finally gave it up.
We are looking to find an individual or decent shop to lay down 4-5 welds with some scrap steel to get it home.
It's about a 30 minute job, even borrowing a welder and grinder would help us out.
We are happy to pay cash as well. :D
Please call or text me, John @ 8015FIVE622O3 OR Rick (ricsrx) @ 8017075099

On another note where are the best parts houses down here? The Ford has a pinhole leak in the radiator.

littlyota

Moab 4x4 outpost has taken care of many folks with welding issues. There is another guy on the way to Hell's Revenge with a sign that say welding. Plenty easy to get weldIng down there. I would start at the 4x4 shop. A few miles south of of Mcd's on the left.

Keith

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Moab 4x4 Outpost for sure. They are great guys and have even helped my parents out with an atv trailer repair once.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I thought Moab 4x4 was closed Saturdays? The welding guy on the way to Hells does good work from what I have heard but also does towing and recovery and can be hard to get a hold of.

ricsrx

Chris i just got home and had no dolly problems, my sincerest thanks to you for letting my use your equipment, you definitely went above and beyond, i will be for ever grateful for your hospitality.
Sami thank you also for helping me out in a pinch.

Rick

sixstringsteve

I had some failures of my own out there (my truck is still in Blanding), glad to hear you guys got back in one piece Rick.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
John: I just replaced my radiator. I found auto zone to have it cheapest. About $300 if I remember right, and it's a big sucker but easy to replace.

Steve: I've also got a truck sitting in blanding. If we can find a trailer big enough for both trucks maybe we should road trip

sixstringsteve

Steve what happened??

when I modded my rear axle housing for the elocker I didn't do a very good job. Two of the studs were stripped (the bottom two). While I was coming out of elephant hill, at the top of the hill I started leaking a ton of gear oil out the rear diff. I guess the stress of the wheeling pulled the third forward a millimeter, which caused most of the fluid to dump out. Fortunately I had a spill kit and we cleaned it all up.

I knew it was a weak link. In fact, I have a Taco housing sitting at Jame's house, ready to go into my truck. I thought I could make it one more trip before it blew up.

So we duct taped it up, and one of my buddies fortunately had some gear oil with him, so we filled it up and limped it back to the visitor's center. From there we trailered it to blanding where it sits now. My friend who lives in blanding is heading up here next week, so he'll bring it with him when he comes up. I just met him this week, and he volunteered to store it at his place 'till then, and to bring it up to me. I had some incredible guys to go wheeling with who were both prepared and willing to sacrifice to help me get home.

sixstringsteve

Steve: I've also got a truck sitting in blanding. If we can find a trailer big enough for both trucks maybe we should road trip

I found a ride home for mine. Unfortunately it's a single trailer. Sorry about that, I would totally road trip with you to get 'em if I didn't already have something lined up. Best of luck getting your rig back here.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I found a ride home for mine. Unfortunately it's a single trailer. Sorry about that, I would totally road trip with you to get 'em if I didn't already have something lined up. Best of luck getting your rig back here.

My buddy is still hunting down there, so we are going to use the local Uhaul for a trailer and have him drag it up for me. No biggie.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Glad to see I'm not the only one that spent way too much time in Blanding this weekend :rolleyes: :rofl: