Well the Lift and bumpers are on - JKU

So ive saved for a year and Initially was only going to do a 2 in body lift and some tires leaving the stock wheels.

well once i started shopping i decided i wanted the 4 inch suspension lift, and bigger tires.

Then my Gf backed up and hit a pole with the front bumper ( never seen anyone damage the front bumper while backing up before. lol) so yea obviously i just had to get a whole new bumper..

once again the dilemma ensued as my OCD could definitely not allow me to have one after market bumper and one stock bumper and with the added weight of the bigger tires i decided to go through and buy a rear bumper with a tiregate.

well so now the bottom is covered. the front and the back.... my OCD flared up again when i realized the steps were gonna be the only thing not powder coated an to top it off plastic... so yup.. rock slider step!!

the last thing that bothered me was that every jeep looks damn near the same when it comes to wheels... so i just traded my stocker wheels for some Rubicon Wheels and yea they still have the same style the color i dont think you can beat the way it looks... i probably woulda been very disappointed if i went with the FUEL black wheels i originally picked out...

i noticed that i didnt have a single pic of the jeep when it was stock and my gf only had one.. so here is the one before and the plenty afters..

hope ya like it

Attachments

• IMG_2653.JPG
    IMG_2653.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 29
  • jeep pass.jpg
    jeep pass.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 31
  • jeep hill.jpg
    jeep hill.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2651.jpg
    IMG_2651.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 23
  • jeep hill back.jpg
    jeep hill back.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 22
  • jeep hill squat.jpg
    jeep hill squat.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 24
  • jeep rear pass.jpg
    jeep rear pass.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 24
  • jeep front driver.jpg
    jeep front driver.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 26

sixstringsteve

Holy stinger batman! Your end result is 1000x better than a jeep with a 2" BL. The only thing missing is some dirt!

Zac001

lol yea i know i just drove it a few blocks to this little dirt parking lot next to a school a cop came and told me i had to get off the little dirt pile because its reserved for construction.... i was like pssshh drive your impala up here and get me lol ( just kidding just wanted to sound like a cool guy) i actually said yes sir one more pic and im gone!

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Looks like OR-FAB front bumper, Smittybilt rear, and Mickey Thompson tires. Close? What size tires did you go with? I have been trying to get my bumper situation sorted as well, there are so many to choose from it makes things more difficult. Looks good though, great choices.

Zac001

Looks like OR-FAB front bumper, Smittybilt rear, and Mickey Thompson tires. Close? What size tires did you go with? I have been trying to get my bumper situation sorted as well, there are so many to choose from it makes things more difficult. Looks good though, great choices.

your right about the front bumper... the rear is XRC and the rock slider step is smittybuilt

went with 35x12.50x17 Mickey MTZ

sixstringsteve

Can those rock slider/steps handle the stress of lifting the vehicle from them with a hi-lift? Or are they more of a step?

Sounds like black2013JK was 100% right, good eye!