were is this trail

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Years ago we said it was like coyote canyon situation does that mean there is hope this could be opened someday Kurt?

Yes and no...

The 5MP Rec Area is in an RMP limbo. It was supposed to get a new Travel Management Plan like 5+ years ago and the BLM started the process by inventorying all of the routes in the area more like 10+ years ago. Trails like Rattlesnake, Constrictor and obviously newer ones like Sidewinder and Copperhead did not appear on their inventory map (the were nice enough to give us a copy). This is where the Coyote Canyon situation enters. Just like CC, the trail was legally created on legally open designation land, but because it didn't appear on their inventory it couldn't even be considered when they work through the legal process of a RMP. Now, the RMP stalled for several reasons. One being lack of manpower, as I recall the BLM rep in the SL FO that was in charge of the RMP retired an/or moved to a different postition, at the same time I think the BLM started to feel the Federal budget crunch and had to put the project on the back burner. Lastly, the other 6 (out of 11) Utah district RMP's are in litigation as groups are suing based on the fact they don't think the BLM closed enough lands to motorized and development. Thus why work on new RMP's when your last ones are in court. Worst case scenario they push through a new RMP which will move trails from open travel or existing routes to designated routes only while using the inventory data from over 10 years ago. Best case, they do a whole new inventory and include not only RS/Con/Charlies but much later trails such as Copperhead, Up-in-Ya, Sidewinder, etc. Clear as mud?

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
The last i spoke to the blm. all of this was tied up in litigation. The fight is between the state wanting to take bake land from the BLM and the Blm fighting to keep it. Also on another note, there is a study going on with The Sage Grouse. If the study comes back and any recommendations are to put the Sage Grouse on the protected or endangered list they will shut down the 5 mile pass area all together. i was also told that any new trail that is put in needs to have an entrance and exit route to be considered. They said that the next Travel management plan would be 2017 at the earliest. from the maps that have been used and presented to the BLM, the only area that is designated "open travel" is between Rattlesnake and Sunshine Canyon. Not alot to work with.
Dwayne