West Jordan U-111/Bacchus Highway area

StormRider

Does anyone have any info on the dirt area off of U-111 in West Jordan, at about 6600 south? There's always a few people out there on the weekends checking out their stuff. I noticed a lot of trash going by this weekend, and it would be a shame to see it closed because of that.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I drive by that area all the time, it's always trashed. I normally see ATVs and motorbikes though, do guys take trucks in there? The whole place is bounded by new development now, I expect it's a matter of time (and not much of that) before it gets paved under and built on anyway. Kennecott wants all that land built up to drive up the price on their land across the highway.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
If anyone knows someone at a news station it would be good to show responsible off road users helping the community.

Just a thought?

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
If anyone knows someone at a news station it would be good to show responsible off road users helping the community.

Just a thought?

in the other thread link above, we determined to keep it quiet as the LDS church owns the land, and would most likely not be excited about the current public use.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
When I first bought my CJ7 a few years ago I went over there and messed around a bit. I was cruising on the road that parallels the train tracks and saw a truck that was dumping crap out of the bed. Like piles and piles of crap including a mattress and a couch. When he saw me coming he bailed but I took off after him. I followed him all the way to 6400 west and 4100 south till I got close enough to get a plate and I called him in for illegal dumping. I went back out to where he dumped all the crap and took pictures there too for the report. I didn't get a call back even after following up on my own for a few days. It pissed me off.

StormRider

Jeeper, that's exactly the spot I'm talking about. Pretty damn sad that the dump is only a few miles down the road and it's $7 damn dollars. I'm in for a cleanup, I can be out there this Saturday.