What a Tacoma is not meant for

OrangeSkidPlate

Consider this a FYI thread, I learned tonight that a 95 Tacoma with a 5" trail gear sas kit and 37's is not meant to have a 2007 skidoo in the bed. Probably one of the most nerve racking drive I have ever had. Might need a sway bar or a lower truck. I'll post a picture of how much the sled squats the truck tomorrow.

KWight

Sounds similar to an experience I had several years ago: A 1985 Toyota XCab truck is not meant to flat tow a 1981 Toyota truck. I did end up taking the 2500 mile trip, but my top speed was 50mph and it took six days to get to my destination. Any faster and it got really scary quick.

OrangeSkidPlate

I mean the truck definitely wasn't under powered, I was able to hold 70 but definitely slowed down on the turns. I'm excited for next snowmobile season.....

KWight

The power was not the problem with me either, nor was braking. The problem was the weight issue, as the first generation (79-83) trucks outweigh the second generation (84-94) trucks.

KWight

That's surprising considering I currently have both.
4 speed vs 5 speed. No interior sound deadening vs some. 22re vs 22r. IFS vs solid axle. All heavier things in a 2nd gen.

Yes, it was surprising to me as well. I thought they would have been closer to the same weight.

The 1981 was a long bed, 4x4 with an in cab roll cage.

The 1985 was an Xcab, 4x4, had a camper shell, was lifted and had bigger tires.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
this is how i feel about towing with my land rover.

no swaybars. underpowered V8, gas guzzler all the time, and very floppy through corners. And make sure you take a long run up a mountain pass.

My Ford might be a pain sometimes, but it certainly tows well.

12993535_10153633821705028_4464303138729641557_n.jpg