What are your outstanding items/issues to get you on the trail this spring?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I know a lot of you are already enjoying the trails at the Winter On The Rocks event, as jealous as I am.

What's holding the rest of you up? I always enjoy seeing and hearing what everybody is working on.

I'm currently buttoning up a few small items/issues on the new buggy so I feel good about taking it out further away from the shop. Currently just need to solve my tires rubbing on the coils, a limit strap issue and for some reason the TCU on my transmission doesn't seem to be working properly. I'm itching really bad to hit the trails!

What's your list?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Nothing's holding the Pathy up. I'm well on track for my one camping trip a month minimum goal for 2012. I'd like to get a Scepter can holder built for the tire carrier, some sliders and a HAM.

The Samurai is driving me up the wall with its fuel issues. I'll probably be calling upon the RME community when its not freezing in the spring to come over and have a trouble shooting party. Pizza and beer will be provided!

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I believe the Montero has shot rear axle bearings... I may swap in a newer axle with disk brakes.

airmanwilliams

1. money
2. weekend off from work
3. wifes sanity is taking a long time to return
4. new tires either 31's again or up to 33's
5. rear axle seals are shot

Plans for 2012
1. get new tires
2. find toyota rear springs and shackles so I can complete my sas kit and install this locked front samurai axle.(have the axle, steering, and toyota front hanger kit so far)
3. get a roof rack and basket
4. have trailridgeoffroad build me rock sliders
5. obtain skid plates for trans and tcase
6. upgrade my crappy stock headlights

and dont think it would be obtainable this year but im going with jl rockies on trying to get an rtt and arb fridge.

Last edited:

rdneckride

1) Cash
2) power steering (need to swap out the manual steering) Needed with the locker up front
3) rear disk brakes (optional)
4) mount the high lift

It seems like the only thing I have too much of right now is time. No school until my masters program starts, the part time job is only a night or two, and the full time job is done in three days leaving me 2-4 days each week to watch kids and prep...

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Making the move to 35's, so I will be looking into possible clearance issues and getting used to being 4 inches taller on the trail over the old setup. Ordering up a gusset kit and steering box brace this week to keep things in place. Also looking at replacing the other Jeep with a late 90's Ranger so I have a good 4wd to just go camping and fishing with and get better than 15mpg.

Chevycrew

Long travel front d-line, bumpers, cage, hydro assist. Only the first is needed to wheel.

Less snow/ice in my driveway so I can work on it.

Cascadia

Undecided
I'm waiting to get my money back for the wrong springs being sent to me. Once I've got it I can buy some ome springs from Kurt. Until then, I have a 2 tired truck in the garage. That and I have a 3 week old baby boy that doesn't want to work on it with me. ;)

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
1. cash
2. fix the blown wheel cylinder

that's really all I NEED to do... to the new Suburban.. the new buggy project needs
1. strip brackets and set spring location/wheelbase
2. mock up drivetrain and location
3. buy lots of tube and bend it into a cage
4. drive

I'd like to get another 60 for the Burb so I can run my H1's... OH, I've got to trim the front fenders on that thing RIGHT NOW. i keep smacking the running boards pulling into driveways and parking lots. :D

Bob B

Buggy- Replace rear shafts: RCV's ordered, just waiting on them
Replace rear inner axle seals: I'll do this when I get the rear shafts
Rebuild belly pan: concaved now.
Replace rear bumpstop: have it, just need to install
New tranny cooler
Remove t-case and reseal trans to t-case.
Rewire rear rock lights

Wifes TJ- Rebuild the whole damn thing. New axles, Install speedbumps, redo suspension, hang coilovers in front, stretch rear back 5" and front forward 2-3", new rocker guards and corners, install stretch gas tank, new campbell hood, AW4 trans swap, OBA, build cage, rebuild bumpers, new rims and tires and repaint jeep. Fab a bunch more stuff. I have all the parts, just trying to find the time.

Offroad trailer- Finish weld tub and bend up top. Build frame and suspension. Wire, paint, fab, blah blah blah. Rtt etc. Really once I get working on it, it shouldn't take long to finish.

So really not much to do..

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I'm waiting on a couple more packages in the mail, then all that's holding me back is a little bit of I Lean's magic on my front diff. I'd like to find a Tacoma elocker axle to throw under the rear, but that can wait.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Finish chassis.
Finish suspension.
Finish cage.
Mount seats.
Mount coilovers.
Finish patching the body.
Mount seats.
Mount fenders/grill.
Cooling.
Wiring.
Build fuel tank.
Finish fuel system.
Build exhaust system.
Mount starter/modify trans to fit starter.
Disassemble and paint.

In no particular order.

sixstringsteve

aside from wiring my lockers, my rig is ready to rock. I just need to rally my friends together and plan some trips.

Last edited:

Badbuggy

rock star
My Buggy will go now. But I need to figure out why the winch quit, and fix it. Also running one Alcan spring, and one thrown together from junk spring will probably cause issues later in the season, so I need to figure that out too. I need the time to pull it into the shop and go over it. Looking forward to a great wheeling season.

Also need to find the time to tear down my Jeep and swap in some bigger axles.

But as usual, I will wait until the night before I am going someplace, and tear into it.