What did you work on Today; Home Edition

Tonkaman

Spent a bit of today moving some plumbing around, and adding a hot/cold bib in the garage.

I did them this way in anticipation of finishing the basement, and re-piping a good portion of the home. This gives me a good location to continue to add as needed.

We’ve got pretty bad pipe hammer, so I added an air tube to help combat that. Seems to be working so far. The idea there is that the air can absorb some of the pressure when the valves are shut too fast.

View attachment 167115

Here are my hot/cold out in the garage.

View attachment 167116

I removed the water softener. I turned it off a year ago so I could fill the hot tub, and never turned it back on. My wife didn’t notice, and I haven’t had to carry salt for a year. If anyone wants it, it’s free.

Pickup is on days my wife works.

View attachment 167117
I want it! 🙋‍♂️

STAG

On my grind
My dad has a spigot in his garage that comes right off the water heater in the basement, he uses it primarily for the pressure washer for sure.

Do you guys have heated garages? Or just confident that the house will transfer enough heat to keep things from freezing?
The heat transfer has been enough for my dad’s, but it’s on a wall that the other side is the interior of the house so it wouldn’t ever have an issue even if the garage got to freezing.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I insulated the garage myself during construction so it doesn't really ever get below 50*. I do have a garage gas heater though that I can turn on. I rarely use it though because of how warm the garage seems to stay. Especially with the salt tank right up next to the house I feel like there would be enough residual heat its not something that I'd be worried about. The only thing connecting the salt tank to the house for mine is a 1/4" hose. My set up looks about like what Brian pictured except my tank is bigger. I think its about 8 bags of pellets to fill. Its been a while so I can't remember...

rholbrook

I have been updating my bathrooms and this is the latest one. It had a pocket door separating the tub and toilet from the sinks. We decided to remove the wall and open it up which meant I had to get some wiring moved so that made it so we could easily add another can light. I paid a plumber to change out the valve and raise it a little to accommodate a bigger tub and then had a tile guy come in and tile the walls surrounding the tub. It was easier to cut the old corianne surround with the Sheetrock then patch it. Chipped all the old tile out and replace the floor, new cabinets and counter top, doors, molding, etc etc
Before after some demo. I forget to do a before pic
IMG_1030.jpegIMG_1230.jpegIMG_1402.jpegIMG_1878.jpegIMG_1877.jpegIMG_1879.jpeg