What did you work on Today; Home Edition

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I have been updating my bathrooms and this is the latest one. It had a pocket door separating the tub and toilet from the sinks. We decided to remove the wall and open it up which meant I had to get some wiring moved so that made it so we could easily add another can light. I paid a plumber to change out the valve and raise it a little to accommodate a bigger tub and then had a tile guy come in and tile the walls surrounding the tub. It was easier to cut the old corianne surround with the Sheetrock then patch it. Chipped all the old tile out and replace the floor, new cabinets and counter top, doors, molding, etc etc
Before after some demo. I forget to do a before pic
View attachment 167507View attachment 167508View attachment 167509View attachment 167513View attachment 167511View attachment 167512

That looks great! We’ve got to redo our shower and tubs in the very near future. I like the tile and colors you have chosen.

rholbrook

Ha! REAL men do their own tile!

And then cry in their beer about how much they hated doing it...
Been there, done that, have the merit badge. I’m at the point in my life that I can afford to watch others measure twice, cut once and cuss thrice. I’m going to go play more and do less projects. Just saying. I have been struggling with health stuff this last year and am not oozing excess energy to tackle extra projects.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
My 5 year old garage door spring broke yesterday. I think I'm going to move the spring from the door that we don't use (my wood shop space) to the broke one. I don't have the metal bars to tension the spring. Does anyone have those I can borrow?

Its a double wide door with 2 springs. Just one of them broke. The door I don't use is a single door also has 2 springs. They looked to be the same size (coil and length) but I didn't measure.

On a scale from 1 to you're really going to ruin Christmas where does this land?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
My 5 year old garage door spring broke yesterday. I think I'm going to move the spring from the door that we don't use (my wood shop space) to the broke one. I don't have the metal bars to tension the spring. Does anyone have those I can borrow?

Its a double wide door with 2 springs. Just one of them broke. The door I don't use is a single door also has 2 springs. They looked to be the same size (coil and length) but I didn't measure.

On a scale from 1 to you're really going to ruin Christmas where does this land?

I’ve got the bars.

Watch a couple YouTube videos, and it’s a piece of cake.

You can buy springs online for about $100. I’d just buy and replace them both. The other spring is going to break soon anyway. It’s like brakes on your car, replace in pairs.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
If that's the case I'll pull both springs from the door I don't use and just put them on the broke one.

After moving in and getting my tools in the garage I unplugged the "shop" garage door motor and have never used it. So they are basically new.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
If that's the case I'll pull both springs from the door I don't use and just put them on the broke one.

After moving in and getting my tools in the garage I unplugged the "shop" garage door motor and have never used it. So they are basically new.

You are welcome to my bars.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I waited for a neighbor to get home from work and borrowed his bars. I got the two springs switched over and it's lifting and closing with the motor but one side is raising a little more. I am going to read up on it and try and get that adjusted out.

I didn't ruin Christmas working on the door but it's still a few days away so I've got plenty of time for that.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Well now we need the longer version!

This was my insta post that Derek saw. 🤦🏼‍♂️

This is how project A.D.D goes.. Guns are on the office floor from Christmas shooting. I should put those away. Notice the trash can is full. Take the trash can to the gun safe. Oops. Reroute to empty the trash. Trip over Christmas boxes. Leave door open because kids are now going to carry out boxes. Go to get kids, notice couches need to be moved back into place because the tree is now gone. Might as well rearrange the couch positions. That only works if we move the tv. Let’s put it on the wall. But we should paint the wall first. Might as well do the new baseboards I’ve got sitting in the garage also. Run out of paint, head to the store. Go a head and buy all new plugs and light switches to help the new paint look good. Buy extra paint, just in case. Finish painting. Install base board. Run out of base board. Go buy more base board. Buy extra, just incase. Rearranging the couches didn’t go as planned. Put everything back exactly like it was. Realize you now have enough extra paint and base board, might as well start on the bathroom that you’ve been wanting to get done… and the guns are still on the office floor.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
This was my insta post that Derek saw. 🤦🏼‍♂️

This is how project A.D.D goes.. Guns are on the office floor from Christmas shooting. I should put those away. Notice the trash can is full. Take the trash can to the gun safe. Oops. Reroute to empty the trash. Trip over Christmas boxes. Leave door open because kids are now going to carry out boxes. Go to get kids, notice couches need to be moved back into place because the tree is now gone. Might as well rearrange the couch positions. That only works if we move the tv. Let’s put it on the wall. But we should paint the wall first. Might as well do the new baseboards I’ve got sitting in the garage also. Run out of paint, head to the store. Go a head and buy all new plugs and light switches to help the new paint look good. Buy extra paint, just in case. Finish painting. Install base board. Run out of base board. Go buy more base board. Buy extra, just incase. Rearranging the couches didn’t go as planned. Put everything back exactly like it was. Realize you now have enough extra paint and base board, might as well start on the bathroom that you’ve been wanting to get done… and the guns are still on the office floor.
Our brains are similar 🤣

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
My oldest (11 in two weeks) wanted to work on something with me today- which is rare. So we put together a quick and dirty wall mount for our 11 Ryobi chargers. I let him do a good deal of the measuring, marking, leveling and a little sanding and he did great.
IMG_2539.jpeg
We still need to organize the cords but it turned out pretty good. I let him determine what order the chargers were in but they are interchangeable so my OCD might kick in and change it.