What do you do when.......?

LT.

Six. That is the magic number that was mentioned in the meeting this afternoon. Six in my position no less. The DOE has made the decision that security can take a risk by letting six folks go and their duties go as well. 11 managers or other desk jockeys will be getting the big ugly axe as well. If they go off of seniority then I will be more than fine. If they go off of peoples rap sheets then I will be okay for now. My record is clean and I am about half way up the seniority ladder. Still, that is six of my friends that will be looking for jobs in this crummy job market. Sooo, here is to hoping I still have a job in a few more weeks.

LT.

LT.

Sounds favorable though :cool:

Yeah, it is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. I am still worried and I guess that it is natural. We have been working hard to pay off bills so that I could purchase the new crawler hauler that was at EJS this last year. Now it looks like that will be on hold until we can get a little more comfortable.

LT.

sandsucker

Neil Peterson
My experience with money, although it be little, says to pay attention to what rich folks do. If you want something, pay with cash or don't get it. Read books about it. Have your money work for you. Earn interest, don't pay it. Control spending.
The big secret to money is knowing how to control it. some people understand it, and some don't. I think as we learn all we can about how money works, we will begin to receive it more abundantly.

Bart

WOW, sorry to read this. Sounds like you have a good plan in place. You know what I had to do and it wasn't fun, but in the end it worked out for the best. Decide what's really important to you and your family and go with it. I would imagine with your skill set there would be some decent jobs around. Would be fun to get you up in this neck of the woods. Good luck.

sixb

Will work for beer!
My experience with money, although it be little, says to pay attention to what rich folks do. If you want something, pay with cash or don't get it. Read books about it. Have your money work for you. Earn interest, don't pay it. Control spending.
The big secret to money is knowing how to control it. some people understand it, and some don't. I think as we learn all we can about how money works, we will begin to receive it more abundantly.

Cash is KING!:greg: And live within your means. That's what I was taught growing up and have always lived by it. In years past that wasn't the case anymore though, you could by a car cheaper by financing it rather than just paying cash.

LT.

I am working towards paying of as much debt now as I can. I figured that with less bills we could live off of a smaller income if needed. We are getting a lot closer then we were a few months ago but still no where near close enough. I paid off one credit card (that was the wife's) and my signature loan. Next are two other credit cards that I have paid down to $2600 and $1600. I was going to pay off my wife's student loan but it is only $1200 total and less than $50.00 a month. I think the money would be better spent getting rid of the high interest credit cards instead of the student loan. As of right now I already have 70 hours for the week with tomorrow to go still.

After the smaller bills are paid off then I guess it will be time to re-finance the dually, Escape, and maybe even the house. I may even try to re-finance my wife's truck to lower our monthly bills. All of the money that I did have saved I spent to pay off bills. I hope that was the right move.

LT.

LT.

Well, today we got more news. Turns out that they were wrong. It is not six it is seven folks in my division. They are offering some severance packages that are not all that bad, if you have been here 20 years or more. Pay out on sick leave, vacation, and some bonus hours up to 800 hours if you take the out. The company will also continue insurance for nine more months after they leave. The other could be bonus is that if some of our Majors or Captains take the severance package then there would be room for promotions. I am in line for one but, it is still a little early for me. Going up in rank takes some of the fun out of the job. If the worst was to happen and they get no one to volunteer to leave then they will go off of seniority. I will be fine either way. Whew!

LT.

Bart

Glad the news is good, at least for you. Now get the Ram built. I'll need someone to pull my little Jeep up big stuff next EJS.

LT.

Glad the news is good, at least for you. Now get the Ram built. I'll need someone to pull my little Jeep up big stuff next EJS.

I doubt that the Rock God will need any assistance up anything Moab has to offer. I just dropped off the parts from Blue Torch at the shop this afternoon. Things are back on as soon as I figure out what I need to purchase next.

I am still not planning on making it to Moab this October. The joints were back ordered for 7 weeks that really put me way behind. I am still needing new wheels, tires, and a transfer case doubler for my T-cases.

LT.

Meat_

Banned
Well, today we got more news. Turns out that they were wrong. It is not six it is seven folks in my division. They are offering some severance packages that are not all that bad, if you have been here 20 years or more. Pay out on sick leave, vacation, and some bonus hours up to 800 hours if you take the out. The company will also continue insurance for nine more months after they leave. The other could be bonus is that if some of our Majors or Captains take the severance package then there would be room for promotions. I am in line for one but, it is still a little early for me. Going up in rank takes some of the fun out of the job. If the worst was to happen and they get no one to volunteer to leave then they will go off of seniority. I will be fine either way. Whew!

LT.
:cool: