WHat do you do?

Freelancer

Moderhater
The Brown!!!

ace said:
I'm making about 60k driving a brown truck. It didn't take any schooling, but it did take 6 years of part time work, and I have to work alot of overtime to get what I make. Good pay, but they suck the life right out. My wife has a masters degree from the UofU and makes less than half of what I get :ugh: :eek: (teacher :p )

In my job I have dealt with the Brown for over a year and a half!!! Just promise me one thing, Ace, don't get injured on the job while with UPS!!! When it comes to work injuries UPS is the worst! They treat their employees like sh*t and always treat you like your lying about your injury when you could legitimately be injured. I have also come to know many of the Brown employees and so far I am not impressed at all, but keep in mind this is California we are talking about, they sing to their own tune out here. :ugh: I'm sure Brown employees in Utah are very different. Seriously, though, I have never dealt with a more shady bunch of people in my entire life than with the Brown here in California. These guys are so damn dirty and disonest. :mad2: They commit the most blatant insurance fraud in the world! It is so obvious, but they hide behind their damn attorney's and ruin the entire system for the rest of us driving our taxes and healthcare costs through the roof!!! :mad2: In my opinion, UPS stands for U Punks Suck. :p Don't take what I've said personally though, Ace, because I don't know anywhere else you can get paid 65-70k/year with great benefits and not have a college education and you seem like a hard worker. This is just my own experience. One thing is for sure, you are definitely going to end up with a totally beat up and banged up spine and body by the time you retire with them! :( But look on the bright side, you're making great money in Utah and are able to provide a great life for your family and that is all that matters. :D

Last edited:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
vwjettaon35s said:
I don't know anywhere else you can get paid 65-70k/year with great benefits and not have a college education
There are plenty of places like that in Utah, you just have to make yourself that valuable. ;)

Freelancer

Moderhater
Job Opportunity.

If anyone is interested in moving out to Sacramento, CA and working in a great paying job with great benefits and a awesome 401k program and a plethora of other job opportunities to move upward or into other positions within the company, just let me know. The requirements are to have a 4 year college degree in anything, they don't care and they will train you by flying you out to home office in Boston, Mass. for 2weeks. If anyone is interested, just PM me and I'll give you more details.

Last edited:

Freelancer

Moderhater
Joke!!!

Hickey said:
Frito Lay. USF Reddaway. Plenty of places.

It was a joke Hicks my man. I have nothing against Utah, I was born and bred in Utah, I'm just jealous of ya'll living there. Man do I miss it there. California is not what it's all cracked up to be. But hey, fellas, I live near the Rubicon Trail! If ya'll ever want to hook up out here I'd love to go with any of you. We need to get Greg to organize a RME jeep trip down here to the Rubicon Trail. :D

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
vwjettaon35s said:
Don't take what I've said personally though, Ace, because I don't know anywhere else you can get paid 65-70k/year with great benefits and not have a college education
gbye.gif
Oh, pick me, pick me!!!

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
currently self-employed as a pressure washer, cleaning buildings, signs, and sidewalks. Pays ok but lot of hassle for the money, and travelling sucks.
I paint pictures that no one buys and make the frames for them, and my wife and I are at the moment attempting to break free of the pressure washing, or start getting contracts out here. Making some furniture too, we'll see how that goes.

formerly employed as rock climbing instructor in my former home of NY state, head chef, coursesetter at Rockreation for a while, tree trimmer for Salt Lake City, Olympic rentacop(gun included!), and marble/granite countertop fabricator/installer.

also doing long-term stint as unpaid Jeep dismantler/assembler heheh

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
I work my life away for a major tire manufacturer. It's not a terrible job, and I do have some great bennies, but I spend a lot of time away from home. Pay isn't bad, but If I would have stayed at the research center, I would be home every night and I would be making the same money. However, I would be living in South Carolina. I much prefer Utah to SC (although upstate SC is actually a nice place).

oh yeah, I have a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.

richpblaze

Thats funny

chicky said:
Very cool to hear what everyone does. I have been interior designing for the last 7 years. I work for a company called Majestic Floors and Design. I do the full design package from flooring to furniture and work a lot with builders. :)

The name of my company Is Majestic LLC. I'm a Contactor, I do alot of remodeling, painting, finish carpentry, whatever pays the bills

Mopar_magic

cruiseroutfit said:
Do tell more... Did you go through the ME program? Hiring?

I actually graduated from the manufacturing. Browning originally hired me to be a machinish in the Archery division, then I moved to the gun division. My boss recognized my talents with guns and put me to work as an engineer before I even graduated. Once I graduated, the pay got better.

Sorry, we are not hiring. People tend to stay here for a long time!

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I think they just need to make more, newer guns, thereby requiring a corresponding increase in employed gun makers.

That's a pretty cool job, man.

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
I have my AAS from General Motors ASEP program, my BS in Automotive Technology from WSU, and am currently working on my MBA. I am 22yo and work for Ford MoCo in Dearborn, MI. I am a service engineer--I provide support to engineers in the field and dealers. I also act as a liason between the plants and engineering to those in the field. I love my job!

queenofmoab

I am a supervisor over four men with disabilities. The pay isnt great and neither are the benefits, but i get to help people and that is really awesome. It seems that a lot of the important jobs like teaching or home care get paid the least. Too bad. :( But I really love what I do so I guess that is why I stay in the field. :)

tiny2085

HomeGrown
Well I move, install and assemble office furniture, no education required, not even a high school diploma, no chance for advancement, no benefits, and waaaay good hours and somewhat of a lot of driving. I"m only 19 so I don't care, but I am applying for a job to service fleet vehichles at vehicare. Pay is a lot better and I get to drive semi's all over the lots.

V-DAWG

someday
I myself, like several others, work as a police officer. I have been in law enforcement for 4 years, and I have loved every minute of it. Nearly every agency in the state participates in a 20 year retirement and provides a take home vehicle. Like stated before, no two days are alike.

I am two classes away from receiving my B.A. degree in criminal justice, so obviously college is not a requirement to get started. A degree can help in promotions, and there is extra incentive to having a degree at the department I work for because they pay a set dollar amount each month if you have one.

Of course there are downsides also. You will work shift work, meaning nights and weekends, and there is no such thing as a holiday. This can be a benefit as well, because my days off are generally during a time others are working, so the campsites are always available. Also my department works 4, 10 hour shifts, so I have 3 day weekends every week.

I would recommend the job to any and every one. I love it, and I have no regrets. I make about 40K a year, and although it is not much, it pays the bills.