what is the best trailer..

GOAT

Back from the beyond
I'm on my second Bubbas trailer (upgraded), have been towing with multiple trailers for years and cant say enough good things about Big Bubbas. They are a little heavy but, are well built and great guys to deal with. Talk to Ted at the Ogden store and get a price on an 18FT upgraded model. You wont regret it.

BTW. They also have the occasional trade-ins for a great deal as well;)

Marcus

fergusor

Bubba builds the strongest trailers, period. They aren't the most expensive, but they are the heaviest. That's not to say that the other brands aren't any good. For the locally (easily) available trailers I would rate them like this Bubba>PJ>_>_>_>_>?>?>Big Tex

BTW, Wasatch Trailers is the name of the business, they sell PJ trailers.

Almost every bubbas special trailers Ive seen had bad tire wear. Thats enough for me to stay away. Tires arent cheap and blowouts suck......

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I just found a guy in Mt. Pleasant (over the hill from Nephi) with good pricing. He sells 'Towmaster' and 'Carson'. I've heard pretty good things about Carson before and he likes the Towmaster line better. Pasted my notes below.

JBM Trailers---435-462-0266
http://jbmtrailers.com/

Jeff
"Utility" Trailers--- 3 weeks order time if custom on the TowMaster

add $200 for brakes
16' $1399 6'5" wide

18' $1499 6'5" wide $1599 6'10" wide

Carson $1350 ---

TowMaster $1399 ---

"Car Hauler" $1699--$1950

I've seen a Piute trailer lately that I liked. I haven't found a vendor for them, though.

Piute Trailer dealer Minuteman equipment--Kevin
Draper, UT
801-860-3467

Meat_

Banned
Almost every bubbas special trailers Ive seen had bad tire wear. Thats enough for me to stay away. Tires arent cheap and blowouts suck......

I haven't seen any wear on mine, but I don't have a billion miles on it either. IF you are getting unusual tire wear it's because the axles aren't on straight, and if that is the case the tires will be unusually hot, mine never are.... it's easier and cheaper to fix that than it is to go back and rebuild the entire frame because it isn't strong enough.

Meat_

Banned
I just found a guy in Mt. Pleasant (over the hill from Nephi) with good pricing. He sells 'Towmaster' and 'Carson'. I've heard pretty good things about Carson before and he likes the Towmaster line better. Pasted my notes below...

I went and looked at those before I bought. They were pretty good trailers but there was something I didn't like about them (can't remember what)... also, the aren't very cheap.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I went and looked at those before I bought. They were pretty good trailers but there was something I didn't like about them (can't remember what)... also, the aren't very cheap.

Yeah, once you add the brakes and a couple other things, they're mucho less competitive than it sounds, initially.

Lone Peak has a Big Tex for a respectable deal, but I'm almost $2000 out the door with that. If I'm spending that kind of cheese, I might just buy EXACTLY what I want for a little more and never buy again.

Love our PJ trailer! It came with brakes and a spare tire mount although we did have to kick in a few extra bucks for the actual spare tire. Why they don't include that in the selling price is beyond me. We have had absolutely no problems with that trailer though and it hauls heavy equipment 6 days a week for 8 months out of the year and then the Bronco pretty much every weekend. We're coming up to the 4 year old mark and it's still going strong!

ryslc

car audio guy
every trailer i looked at was either scratched or had broken lights. i figured i am gonna beat it up anyways so i could look past that. i paid for it on saturday they said be here monday we'll through a spare tire on to compensate you for the scratches and have it all cleaned up and ready to go. i called to see if it was ready tuesday morning (thinking the extra day was nice on my part) and it took me twenty minutes to talk to a guy who acted like i was the biggest pain in the world to tell it is and has been ready and to come and get it. i work so i sent my wife and our fifteen month old baby down there to get it. after an hour of waiting they tell her that it has not been touched yet and could be ready to go in an hour (long time to wait in a double wide with a child). she asked for our money back and they said that the check had been deposited and that it would take a while to get a refund. she called me and told that we could and would stop payment on the check when the one and only customer service oriented person came to her a personally offered to deliver it to our house. i appreciate the deliver but it was too little too late. if i didn't like the trailer so much i would still be shopping.

kowe69

wannabe
I recently bought a PJ 18 foot dovetail 5" channel car hauler trailer. I looked all over at all kinds of trailers. The LAST place I went was to Wasatch trailers in Layton. To me, the PJ trailers definitely stood out among the rest both in price and quality. The PJ trailers are constructed much better than the Big Tex trailers. Spare tire mounts are an option though. Look for yourself and you will see the difference. Go to http://www.pjtrailers.com for more info.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I know a few people with bubbas trailers...hell I partied with Bubba a couple of times and he is a helluva nice guy. Glad you got the trailer you liked but it sucks that the customer service was lackluster.