What Springs did I grab???

Plumcrazy

Formerly GVHS
SO i found a really cheap set of leaf springs (2 fronts and 2 rears for $20) The guy said he thought they were YJ springs, but never conformed. So I need to know what they are...

Measure at 22.5 from eye to center pin and line 43.5 eye to eye. What is the eye to center pin on a yj spring?

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
somewhere out there, there is a really handy chart with a bunch of spring comparisons. Naturally, I can't find it quickly. I will keep looking, I may have this saved.

cheepin

I believe them are CJ springs.YJ's ar 46" long with a centered pin.Is the pin centered or are you not measuring the actual length of the spring?

Plumcrazy

Formerly GVHS
Found the pic elsewhere. They are 2.5" wide and I am 99% sure they are yj springs. I am thinking about making a hybrid pack for my front spring over. Using main spring rear as a helper to the front pack. Or using the front pack with a lighter duty add a leaf. I want about 1.5 inches over stock springs.

cheepin

I have a hybrid pack of YJ's on my rear.They work great but are soft and need a traction bar bad.Which I have.I had a hybird pack of YJ's up front on my last CJ.They were way too soft for the front.Lots of spring wrap.One thing that worries me about these packs it the lack of a miltary wrap spring.I have seen them break the main.